Chapter 35- I Did It.

Layla's pov

This is it.

My nerves were sky high, my palms sweating profusely. I tried to breath in Landon's scent to calm me down. It worked but, my fear would always creep in through the cracks of my relief. We were standing right outside the door which housed the guys in the cells, on the other side.

I still couldn't believe he was letting me see them and that I was actually going to. Especially after weeks and weeks. But, I knew I had to do this for myself. Landon grabbed both of my hands in his, bringing them to his lips. Then he kissed them while looking at me.

"Are you ready?" he asked, two guards holding each door handle on opposite sides.

"As much as I can be." I muttered, feeling such a relief that he was here beside me.

He smiled and turned to his guards, nodding once and they opened the doors. Landon stepped inside first still holding one of my hands.

"Who is that?"

Chester

"How am I supposed to know dimwit you think I can see from here?"

Steven.

"Fuck off, this is your fault we're still here."

Jameson.

There voices sounded like echoes, "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you didn't lay a hand on her with me." Steven replied menacingly, as I felt Landon growl tightening his grip on my hand.

I reached out with my other placing it on his bicep for extra comfort. Sometimes I had to realize Landon wasn't used to them speaking this way about me. I, well I was. We continued to walk down the dark, before going down some steps.

"Will you guys just please shut the fuck up, alright."

And there it was the last and worse of them all, Brad.

Once we got closer and closer to the voices my heart started to pound. My hand tightening around Landon's hand. The one I had around his bicep clutched at his shirt. We stopped there and he turned to look at me.

"You don't have to do this you know we can-" I cut him off.

"I do." I stated, he looked at me for a second before nodding his head and going on with leading the way.

Finally, I found myself in front of a door, Landon turning me to face him, "I'm going to be just outside okay?" I nodded my head, "There are guards here and I'm just right here." he brought me to him kissing my forehead before allowing me to open the steel door.

It shut behind me, the first thing I seen was four sets of cells. I couldn't see them yet but, just knowing they were in there, made my skin crawl with goosebumps. They faced each other, a stone path in the middle with two cells on each side. A guard stationed at every cell.

I slowly started to walk down the path, the first one I saw on my right was Brad to my left was Chester. Their faces were bruised and swollen. Blood and cuts stained their faces. And they were chained to the wall looking just, awful.

"Layla?" Chester asked, squinting his eyes as if he couldn't believe it.

That's just when the realization of it all hit me. I was looking at the people who abused me for years. Only they couldn't get to me, they were tied up.

"Did you just say that runts name?" I heard Steven's voice.

"Y-yeah s-she's right here in front of me." he stammered out, looking at me from head to toe.