Chapter 72- Ruri & Jarek.

Layla's pov

"...Ruri is quite a handful but, I'm sure will manage, Jarek is more calm than anything and I think that's about it." I smiled sadly while eyeing the words written across the tree.

In loving memory of Chester Davis.

My eyes shifted to the stroller in front of me where the pups were. They were peacefully sleeping with their soft blankets tucked around their tiny bodies. I smiled at the sight of their small faces. The wind had slowed down while I was out here which was weird because, it was super windy on my walk over here. A patch of dim sunlight had shown through the trees, landing on the pups faces to warm them up.

"Thank you." I mumbled, knowing in my heart that it was Chester.

"Layla?" I looked behind me at the sound of my mate.

He smiled, walking closer to where I was seated on a stump, "Are you almost ready?" he glanced to the pups.

"Yeah do you want to take them for me, I'll be over in a minute." I replied, he nodded and walked over to the stroller and carefully wheeled it over the uneven floor, kissing my cheek when he passed by.

"Come on my beautiful pups." I heard him faintly coo at them.

After he left I gave my attention back to the tree with the ribbon. I smiled and stood up reaching out to graze the fabric with my fingertips. Then I made sure the flowers I set down were nicely placed before saying my goodbyes and leaving. I was happy that I got to visit him, I've heard his parents never do anymore. It breaks my heart because, Chester had so much growth to get through and he never got to reach the end of it.

"How was your visit?" Landon questioned, when I slipped into his awaiting arms, his embrace was tight and warm.

"It was nice." I mumbled into his chest, breathing in his woodsy scent, "Now we have one more place to go." I pulled my head back to meet his curious gaze.

"Where?" he asked, both of us coincidentally glancing to the pups to check on them.

"To your dads tree." I mumbled, watching him intake a breath of air, "Your mom told me where it was, near the lake."

His lips slowly pulled into a soft smile, "Okay."

•••

I smiled as I watched Landon talk away to his dads tree and I just knew in my soul that William was listening to every word. He spoke about the pack, Audrey, me and especially the pups. It made me realize how he probably hasn't been here in a while. I shifted my gaze towards the boulders where I knew Caelum's little onesie laid. The rose we once buried with the box was now blossoming and as bright as ever.

"Love.." I came back to reality when Landon's soothing voice broke my concentration.

My gaze shifted back to him, "I'm sorry what?"

"I said are you ready to go?" he asked, a small smile forming on his lips, "I'm pretty sure I've done my fair share of talking with my dad." his white pearls were bright as he grinned, a slight chuckle leaving his lips.

I let my own light laugh out, standing up from my spot on the stump, "Yes I'm ready."

My eyes shifted to the stroller to see both of them were up, roaming their curious gazes everywhere. I smiled and walked side by side with Landon as he pushed the stroller out of the forest. My arms looped around his bicep and I leaned my head against his shoulder. I felt the sparks from our skin to skin contact tingling against my skin. It was sending Mia into overdrive because, of her lustful thoughts of mating with Jake.