Chapter 54- Sincerely.

Layla's pov

"Just kiss your mark please." he begged, repeatedly kissing my lips, I bit back a smile.

He had gone full possessive mode because, I touched Zach's chin. And because, Zach was staring at me in a way only he could. It was really attractive but, also adorable because, he was begging for kisses. I leant down, kissing my mark on him lightly and he shivered.

I pulled away, "Okay, we really need to go see Chester." I stated, his eyes now faded back to his original brown eyes.

(Play song now)

He kissed me one more time to wave off the nerves he knew I had, grabbing my hand to lead me to Paul's office. When we entered the room my once hopeful feeling in my chest, vanished. I felt my heart sink and my eyes widen at the sight in front of me. I caught Landon faintly calling my name as I walked toward the bed. I locked eyes with Chester's parents while doing so.

When I got to the side of the bed, I touched his cold arm, "I tried to do everything I could luna." I breathed in sharply, feeling as if the air from my lungs was being stolen from me.

I stared down at Chester's closed eyes, "No I mean, h-he was supposed to be fine." I felt my breathing pick up at the sight of his deathly pale skin.

"Love-" Landon started, his hand touching my forearm softly.

"No, I was just talking to him, he was alive." I claimed, my head becoming dizzy, warm tears sliding down my cheeks already.

"The wound was right underneath his lungs, it was too much blood, I didn't get there in time, his wolf was no help either." Paul muttered, I glanced from him to Chester's distraught parents

My vision blurred and my breathing became harsher by the second, "B-but, he was just t-talking to me." I stated once again, becoming light headed as I glanced down to Chester.

His mouth was stained with dried blood, my gaze falling to his stomach where a huge scar lay. That started from the middle of his rib cage, to the top of his belly button. It was sewn up with black stitches, dried blood surrounding it. I shook my head, he's dead and it's all my fault. He wasn't supposed to die, I was just talking to him, everything was supposed to be fine!

'Layla, he did it for you.' Mia tried to console my panicked state.

"Luna-"

"You were supposed to help him!" I shouted, turning around starting to gasp for air, Landon grabbed me to pull me towards him.

I shut my eyes, breathing in his scent trying to get my breathing under control. As well as stop my head from being so dizzy. Chester wasn't supposed to die, not because, of me. I was supposed to see him become this great person that I know was inside of him. He was supposed to meet his mate, have kids and live a long happy life.

My body fell limply and I felt myself being picked up by Landon as I got lost in my thoughts. He was just here, I was just talking to him, how could he be gone, just like that. I dug my head into Landon's chest, trying to gain some stability over my emotions. But, I couldn't, it hurt to know he was gone because, of me. He can't find his mate and have a family to love because, of me.

Chester's dead because, of me.

•••