Chapter 10- Her Battle's.

Layla's pov

Pain, one word to describe how I felt since my parents left me here. No one cared, no one wanted to care. That's what hurt the most, feeling worthless.

"Layla...Layla." It rang in my ears but, all I seen was Brad coming towards me making me suck in a breathe of air.

"No." I screamed, my hands flying to my ears to block out his voice.

While my eyes shut, hot tears ran down my cheeks, taunting me. It was as if I was stuck in this space with Brad and I knew exactly what it was. The background was blurred and I was lost in my panic, stuck in my own space. In a second my eyes opened on their own accord to the feel of sparks on my face.

Landon, his hands were on either side of my head, fingers threaded in my black hair, "Layla, that's it baby, come back to me, come back." his voice was muffled but, it got clearer as he talked and soothed me.

In one swift motion he took my place and I was straddling him, with my face buried in his chest. His scent was amazing as I inhaled, every breath I felt stronger, better.

"That's it, you're okay." he soothes, I could hear him clearly now, his breathing seemed just as hard as mine while we both tried to even it out.

Almost like he was scared, my eyes caught sight of my hand clutching onto his shirt. In which I quickly loosened my grip. This was so not happening right now, to tell someone your past is one thing but, to completely freak out because, of it was another. Especially right in front of him even though he was more sweet than I had expected.

Hesitantly, I pulled myself away from his chest, "I'm, I'm sorry." I breathed out feeling guilty he had to see that.

"Don't be." his response was almost instant while he raised my chin to meet his eyes, that shown nothing but, concern, "I want to be here for you, what was that?"

With a sigh escaping my lips, "I have ptsd from the." I paused trying to find the right word, "Abuse." At that his jaw clenched, my eyes falling to his shirt to avoid his gaze, "I get these episodes if I'm talking about certain parts of my past or remembering them, I can't stop it from coming, ever." I whispered the last part, always feeling down after an episode like that one.

It was surprising that he pulled me out of it so fast, normally it takes me forever to get myself under control. I only now noticed the position we were still in so I tried to get up but, he held me down.

My heart started beating until he spoke, "Shh, I just want to hold you some more." With that being said he pulled me into him, arms around my waist resting at my lower back.

While mine stayed together, my head laying on his chest. Sparks were all I could feel with the exception of the heat he seemed to throw off.

"You scared me so much." I heard him whisper against my head, his fingers running through my hair, in a way that calmed me.

Why was he scared, for me?

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered gently, releasing a breath I hadn't known I'd been holding.

"Don't say sorry you didn't do anything wrong." he lifted my head up so our eyes connected, they were such a beautiful hazel color, "You don't have to finish telling me right now." he sounded much more calmer when he spoke.