Chapter 9- Layla's Past.

Layla's pov

"Lay, lay where are you?" My mothers voice reaches my ears as a giggle escaped my lips, "Could you be..." There was a short pause before her bright smile was in front of me, "Here." she finished her sentence grinning as her hands flew to my sides, tickling me as laughter spewed from me.

"Mama, I can't, breath." I spoke in between the laughter.

Eventually she stopped and stared at me brushing some hair from my eyes as I sobered up from the laughing fit, "I love you Layla." she spoke lovingly.

"I love you too mama." I grinned as a giggle escaped my lips while she started her tickle torture yet again.

~~~~~

If she loved me why'd she leave me, two thousand one hundred ninety three days, why mama, why did you leave me? No matter how many times I push aside the thoughts of my parents. There would always be times where I fail, this being one of those times. In a strange way I kind of hoped Landon could be here to comfort me. Sighing, I wiped my tears with the back of my hand just as a knock sounded from my door.

Hesitantly I answered and there he was, Landon. In all honesty I'm glad he spoke first because I couldn't think of a word to say.

"Were you crying?" he asked, letting himself into my room before shutting the door gently.

Should I lie I've only just met him even if he was my mate. Could I really trust him even though he's been so nice.

"No." I stated turning away to walk back over to my desk to finish up my drawing.

It was of my mom, right now I was focusing on her eyes and her smile. I couldn't quite perfect her head shape but, soon I'll get it. Before I reached my chair his hand gripped my wrist, it was warm and sparks shot throughout my arm. Only it scared me did he knew I lied and was going to hit me? This morning I had flinched so hard from him, it kind of hurt me too.

"Calm down." he paused before stepping towards me I was still facing my chair away from him, "I know your heart is racing but, I'd never hit you." I could just hear the disgust in his voice when he said 'hit'

I couldn't help but, remember when he told me that he needed me to trust him and how his wolf called me 'his' the first time we met. They've always been so slow and careful almost as to not overstep but, at the same time so protective and sweet. Not once have either of them hurt me. I want to trust them only six years is a long time of abuse, I needed more than words.

Not knowing what to say I just nodded slowly still being completely tense. His hand came into my line of view, turning my chin to look at him. Making me fully turn around to face his wary eyes.

"I need to know everything, if I don't know anything I can't help." he stated softly, looking tired some.

Nodding once again I took a step back to get out of his hold, not that it wasn't comforting, it was. The sparks were just way to much combine with my emotions. When I did he seemed mad but, it was gone in a flash. I went over to my bed and sat down motioning for him to sit next to me in which he did. I didn't quite know where to start or if I should even tell him at all.

It just seemed at the moment that I didn't have a choice. Plus I think it could help to get all of this off my shoulders, I just don't want him upset.

"Well." he spoke, sitting at the edge of my bed staring intensely at me, waiting, this internally made me whimper.

Taking the deepest breath I'd ever taken I slowly exhaled closing my eyes, "It started after my parents left." I opened my eyes to meet his before they hit the ground, "I don't know what happened but, soon no one would talk to me later I realized it was because, of Brad." The thoughts of my past made me sick.

Landon didn't seem to be doing the greatest either, he was turned away from me, back tense as I continued, "It started with name calling which I could deal with then after a year of feeling completely alone, this girl talked to me." I stared at my blanket picking at the fuzziness, feeling tears prick my eyes.

"She was so nice, no one had been as nice to me before." I sighed trying to push the tears away, "We became friends or at least I thought." I paused gathering myself before continuing, "Steven, he made her be my friend on purpose just so she could leave, all to hurt me." The bed moved and I felt Landon's stare on me while I continued to play with my blanket.

"I got over it I had to or else he would win and I didn't want him too." I said, scrunching my eyebrows together as I thought of Steven's disgusting face, "When I was fourteen almost fifteen, Brad hit me for the first time."

The growl that sounded in the room made me flinch but, I quickly recovered. I expected this to happen, he wanted to know everything.

"I'm sorry, I just, just go on." his voice sounded strained, "Could I just." he sighed, closing his eyes and breathing in deeply, "Could I hold your hand?"

This was definitely something I wasn't expecting. With a little hesitation I placed my hand in his, our hands being completely different in size. He grabbed my hand rubbing small circles on it, leaving sparks everywhere he touched.

"Go on." he simply stated, catching my eyes.

Biting on my lip nervously I went on, "Nobody cared so much, I knew they were shocked but, nobody cared." I whispered the last part, zoning out while remembering the day as if it just happened.

Four years ago

"Hey Layla?" Brad called to me as I walked past the kitchen, on my way to my room.

God I wished I just went to my room.

"Yes." I called out, freezing when I looked inside the kitchen.

Everyone was there, Brad, Steven, Jameson and Chester. There was even a couple girls who always hung around them plus a few others. Brad was sitting at the kitchen table while the other boys sat at the counter. Only, Steven stood up a few inches away from the counter by the kitchen entry.

"Would you hand me that cup over there." he pointed to the other end of the table.

Sighing and hoping this doesn't end in a disaster I stepped inside the kitchen about to walk over to the table. When Steven's foot shot out and tripped me as I fell I remembered the laughter that surrounded me. I had caught myself before my face hit the ground so it wasn't painful. The next thing was, when I lifted myself up to my feet I couldn't stop myself.

"You guys are such dicks." I shouted, making the laughter cease.

Brad glared before getting up from his seat and stalking over to me, he had always been taller than me. The sound is the first thing that was heard, crack. Then the blur of colors as I fell, clutching my lip and jaw. It was on fire, my eyes watered and I felt, helpless. No one said a word just silence, my gaze focused on the ground.

"Fuck, Brad." Chester spoke first and I slowly got up connecting eyes with everyone.

People there were mostly shocked and couldn't stop staring. My gaze turning to look at Brad who seemed to have had a guilty look only for a second until it was gone and I never seen it again.

——————-

:(

This chapters a little sad but, you got to see a glimpse into her past.

How do you feel about the flashback? Do you want too see more?

What do you think will happen to the boys after Layla is finished telling Landon of her past?

Vote & comment ily my loves x