Chapter 70- Time.

Landon's pov Four months later.

Laughter filled the room as I peppered kisses all along Layla's huge belly. Which she carried absolutely perfectly, no amount of words that defined beauty could ever live up to her. Her hands were in my hair gently running through it. I've missed her laughter so much and sometimes I don't get enough of it. It's taken a while for her to actually come around and get used to the idea that it's okay to laugh.

I know sometimes she feels guilty about it but, she pushes through it. As for me I've held it in for this long and I'm sure I could keep it to myself but, until then I just want to enjoy our shared happiness.

"You know they could come at any minute." she whispered and I smiled.

"You hear that pups?" I questioned, staring at her round bump, "You can come out now."

She laughed once more which filled my entire body with happiness, "I think we should go to sleep." she stated, a yawn escaping her afterwards.

I smiled at her scrunched up face and her droopy eyes. Then I leaned back up pulling her shirt over her belly and kissing over the fabric. She sleepily smiled while I pulled the blankets over us and scooped her into my arms. She fit so perfectly in them that I instantly felt myself falling asleep.

'I love her.' Jake cooed as we rubbed Layla's back and played with her black hair that's gotten so long.

I love her so much.

•••

The next day when I woke up the guilt about our pup dying was settled in more harshly. Jake was ultimately beating himself up over it. And the both of us just couldn't find it in us to talk to Layla and Mia. We didn't want to hurt them with our pain because, they have come so far. But, trying to hide it from them is killing us as well.

We hadn't talked about him since the funeral and Mia talks to Jake more now. It's certainly taken a while but, she's finally talking again. Jake doesn't want to do anything to set her back though. And by that it means having to keep how we feel pushed aside. When all I really want to do is just be in Layla's arms so she can tell me that it isn't my fault.

But, I know I can't because, I'd never want to bring her back down like that. I bit my lip harshly as I tried to keep how I felt at bay so she wouldn't feel it through the mate bond. My fingers trailed down the side of her face and I pushed some hair behind her ear. She shifted around against my touch, her facial expression portraying discomfort. Before her eyes slowly opened and her green eyes met mine.

"What's wrong?" she asked, I scrunched my eyebrows at the sudden question.

"What?" I asked, "No good morning?" I questioned with a smile in which she frowned.

She pushed herself away from me, slowly sitting up before grabbing my hand to pull me up too so that I was sitting up with her. She then grabbed my hands in hers in a gentle grip. Her eyes shifting to mine with a softness to them that made me melt.

"I know that something's wrong okay." she stated, "I know that you've been trying to hide it from me but, I can feel it here and there, I've been waiting for you to say something but, you don't." her words made me realize how stupid I was to think I could even try and hide it.

She's my mate after all.

"Just tell me what's wrong and Ill help you the best I can." she mumbled, glancing down at our interlocked hands.

I sighed deeply, "I don't want to bring you down with me." I muttered, "That's why I didn't tell you."

Her hands left mine and she cupped my face, "You could never bring me down." she firmly voiced, "But, you not allowing me to help will, so tell me." she urged.