Chapter 13

Laurens POV

I couldn't sleep that night, I kept tossing and turning thinking about Keaton. Y/N didn't seem to notice how much I was moving. My worst nightmare was starting to come true and that's when it hit me. I might lose my safe haven because of someone else's jealousy. I needed to figure something out, I needed to find a way to keep Keaton away for good, but for now I wanted to enjoy my time with my girlfriend.

I was happy in Y/Ns arms, looking up at her every now and then and seeing her peacefully sleeping. The soft snores that would escape her lips made me smile and every time I would lay my head on her chest I could hear her heart beat.

I reached across Y/N to grab my phone and check the time. It was four in the morning and I still haven't slept a bit. I put my phone back on the night table and wrapped my arms around Y/Ns waist. I just laid there thinking about how great things were going for Y/N and I. I wondered how things would be five years from now.

Y/N and I were almost done with college. She wanted to own a restaurant and I wanted to be a writer. Our careers were so different put the passion we shared for what we loved was the same.

The next thing I knew the sun was starting to peek through the blinds and lite up the room. I had stayed up the whole night with fear on my mind. Y/N soon started to shift due to the uncomfortable light that was shining on her face. I looked up at her waiting for her beautiful eyes to flutter open.

"Good morning sleepy head" Y/N looked down at me and smiled. "Good morning babe" I smiled and reached up to give her a small peck on the lips. She grabbed the back of my neck and held me there and soon deepened the kiss, when the lack of air became a problem we pulled away and I cuddled into her side.

Hours had passed and I was now down stairs with my brother and sister while Y/N was upstairs with Y/S/N doing laundry. I was deciding whether or not to tell them about Keaton and I honestly wanted them to hear it from me than anyone else.

"Luis texted me." They had both stopped what they were doing and looked at me waiting to continue. "And he told me Keaton was out looking for me." I could hear the quiet gasp that had escaped Taylors mouth and I could sense the anger radiating from Chris.

"I told Y/N and she told me that nothing was going to happen, that she would protect me. I believe that if Keaton ever came here looking for me Y/N would stop him, she promised me." Chris then looked up and looked into my eyes. "She promised me too. I just hope she keeps them." Before I could ask him what he meant he got up and ran upstairs.

Your POV

I was upstairs with my sister doing laundry and I had told her about Laurens ex wanting to take her away. My sister being the little fire cracker she is, started to tell me what I should do if I ever saw Keaton. I knew already if I saw him id beat the shit out of him because its what he deserved.

Soon later we heard someone running up the stairs and soon enough Chris appeared behind me and just looked at me with red puffy eyes. "You promised me that you'll keep her safe and I need you now to do what you promised because he'll find her."

Chris then threw himself in my arms and I just hugged him letting him know that nothing bad was going to happen. "I always keep my promises buddy." I had a purpose to be here now and whether it was good or bad I knew I needed to protect the people I loved.

I wasn't going to abandon them like my parents abandoned me and I was going to keep the promises I made because they deserved that much from me. My girlfriend deserved that much from me because I loved her and she loved me. She depends on me and I wasn't going to let her down.

A few hours later the Jaureguis and my sister were passed out on my couch and I then took the time to go next door to talk to Mike and Clara. I silently left, and made my way to their front door. I knocked on the door and before I knew it Mike had answered.