Chapter 31

Your POV

A week had passed and today was the day, it was Y/Ns birthday and I couldn't be anymore excited than I was right now. Dinah had come over and we went over the whole game plan of how things were going to play out. I was actually really happy with what she had come up with, Knowing exactly what her bestfriend likes and doesn't like.

Y/N was coming home from work any minute so I had taken a shower and gotten dressed quick enough so that I could greet her at the door with her first gift. Few minutes after applying a bit of makeup I heard the front door open and close and I rushed down stairs.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I found Y/N in the kitchen getting a bottle of water from the fridge. She turned around and looked at me and we just smiled at each other. I ran up to her and jumped into her arms, wrapping my legs around her waist. "Happy birthday babe." I kissed her lips and ran my fingers through her hair.

"I missed you so much." I rested my head in the crook of her neck and slightly kissed her neck. "I missed you too babe." I held her tighter and smiled. She put me down and I rushed her up to the bathroom so she could take a quick shower. I waited for her down stairs and once she was done I got the small box that was sitting on the table and gave it to her.

"What's this." She unwrapped the box and opened it finding a leather band with gold lettering. "I'll always love you." A face eating grin made its way onto her face. "I love this so much." I smiled and looked down at my feet knowing how much she appreciates it. "I love you so much." She engulfed me in her arms and held onto me and kissed me with so much love.

I pulled away and helped her put the bracelet on. "C'mon your surprise doesn't stop there." I pulled her by her hands and led her into the car while I would be the one driving. About three hours or so later we arrived in St. Augustine and we pulled up to this old fort and made our way up to the gates. "What are we doing here?"

"This is your birthday gift from me." She chuckled and looked deep in my eyes. "You're giving me a fort." I glared at her while she was hysterically laughing. I reached over and slapped her arm causing her to stop laughing. "No you idiot, we're the only two that are going to be allowed to go in for an hour. I know how much you love history and you talked about this place a lot so here you go."

She wrapped her arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. "You're the best." We walked through the threshold of the fort and we found a flag with a note on it. "The adventure you seek is just behind this door." We opened the door and walked through to find a red rose and a note that I had written. "By the end of the night you will have a collection of roses and once you've collected every single one you'll have the best surprise. L." She chuckled and looked over at me.

We walked out of the room and walked into the court yard of the fort and found another flag in front of another door. "something sweet to eat?" We walked through and there sat a box of chocolates with another note. "You're the sweetest person I've ever met, you're the most loving person I've ever met so let our love be everlasting. L."

"You're something special." I smiled and watched as she ate one of the chocolates Dinah had laid out. "Want to try one?" I nodded and she just leaned in kissing me roughly and feeling her tongue make its way in my mouth. I grabbed ahold of her jacket and brought her closer to me as she started to pull away. "Taste good." I smirked and a smile made its way on her face.

We walked out of the room and we found the last flag in front a big door, bigger than the rest. "My wonderful lover, walk through these doors and find happiness." Y/N pushed the doors open and once she did, the sight of the beach and the sunset were in front of her. She turned to look at me and held onto my hand as we made our way down the steps.

Once we were at the waters edge we sat on the forts stairs and looked out over the water. "This is the best gift anyone has ever given me, thank you so much Lauren." I smiled and pulled her towards me by the hem of her shirt so that I could kiss her. Before my lips touched hers I felt a rose being shoved between us and Y/N started laughing as I looked at her. "Did that ruin the moment?" She laughed and I picked up a rose hitting her with it.

Before we knew it we were fighting with flowers and laughing hysterically. Y/N had gotten up and was getting ready to hit me with a flower but lucky me, I tripped her and she fell on top of me causing our lips to crash into each other. Our lips moved in sync and I wrapped my arms around her neck loving the feeling.

We pulled away and she just hovered over me staring at me with a smile on her face. "There's a poem that I've always wanted to share with you, it's by Bukowski." She sat next to me and looked at me, I positioned myself correctly and looked at her with anticipation. "I want to let her know though that all the nights sleeping beside her, even the useless arguments were things ever splendid, and the hard words I ever feared to say can now be said: I love you."

I loved the way the words flowed out of her mouth, the way she never tor her eyes off of mine, and the way she spoke her words with passion. "I love you so much." I leaned over to her and pecked her lips but lingering over them shortly after. "Shall we head back? Or are there more surprises?" I smirked and got up while guiding her to the car. "There's two more."

After the three hour drive back we finally made it back to our house but before we went inside I put a blindfold over her eyes and guided her inside and into the kitchen, helping her sit in the chair at the table. "1...2...3...Happy birthday!" A cake had been placed in front of her and she smiled so big once she saw her friends and family in front of her. Scarlett walked over to her and kissed the top of her head. "Happy birthday sweet heart." Tears were in both of their eyes and Y/N had gotten up to hug her mother properly.

Eli soon walked over grabbing his daughter in a tight embrace. "Happy birthday Y/N, I love you so much." They were all crying at this point and I couldn't help but cry myself at the small family reunion in front of me. Soon after my family had made their way over to Y/N and embraced her in a big group hug. "We love you Y/N, happy birthday."

I had never seen eyes shine so bright and a smile so real. I loved seeing Y/N happy with everyone around her. Dinah, Chelsea, Camila, Ally, and Normani all walked up to Y/N and engulfed her in a big hug. Ana and Jennifer weren't there. Four months ago they had all gotten in an argument and had decided it was best to not speak but Y/N had the people she needed right here and that's all that mattered.

I walked over to Y/N and sat on her lap as they Scarlett and my mother were lighting the candles on the cake. "How's this surprise so far?" She gently wrapped her arms around my waist and looked at me with a silly smile plastered on her face. "The best one, but what's the second one?" I smirked and leaned in so that I could whisper in her ear. "When everyone's gone and were alone in our bedroom, I'll show you." I could see the goosebumps rise on her skin and the shaky breath that she let out when I pulled away.

Scarlett and my mom had finished lighting the candles and everyone was singing happy birthday by now. When they were all done singing and we all waited in anticipation while Y/N made her wish and blew out the candles but right when she blew them out there was a loud pounding on the door. Eli and my father had gotten up and went to the door only to find no one there. It was weird but I knew that something was going to happen because no matter what trouble always seemed to follow Y/Ns family.

There was a second knock on the door and this time Y/N had gotten up and decided to look outside on her own. I walked with her to the threshold of the house and watched her as she walked down the steps of the porch. "Lauren! Come here and help me serve the cake please!" I was reluctant to leave Y/N alone but I went and helped my mother only to see that she was simply running out of plates and wanted me to get some more. I quickly got what she needed and went back outside to see if Y/N was alright but by the time I reached the porch Y/N was being dragged away and throw inside a white van and I did nothing but scream and watch as the van drove away.

At that moment my heart shattered at the sound of a speeding van driving away with my fiancé being taken away from me once again.
-----------------

A/N: hello hello my friendly readers, I am very sorry it's taken me so long to update the story. I've been going through some problems lately and needed to take care of them before focusing on anything else. So now, the moment you've been waiting for.. An update lol I hope you guys enjoyed it.

-Diandra