Chapter 27

Laurens POV

Y/Ns father was shot down by the men that had come just a week ago looking for him. Y/N was rushed to the hospital and received two blood transfusions due to how much she had lost. I had never cried so much in the past twenty four hours. I was devastated, alone, and depressed. I couldn't imagine a life without Y/N and for a second, I thought I lost her.

The pain of having to watch her get beat and tossed around over and over again haunted me when I slept. The fight between Sara and Y/N replayed in my head constantly. I watched that blade make its way into her side and I just sat there hearing her scream. Her fathers sinister laugh echoed through my ears once he had the gun pointed towards her head. I felt hopeless and beaten down.

My parents were informed about what happened by Y/Ns grandmother and they rushed back from their vacation. I had sat by Y/Ns hospital bed everyday for a week now hoping that one day shed wake up and just kiss me and hold me.

I missed her soft lips on mine. I missed her laugh, I missed the way she told me she loved me and I missed her warmth every time she held me. I felt like I was losing a part of me and that part was Y/N. My parents and friends would occasionally come and try to convince me to leave to go home and get some rest but I refused and wouldn't leave Y/Ns side.

It was Friday and the doctors were coming in one by one checking on Y/Ns progress. "Ms. Jauregui, we would like to inform you that Y/Ns progress is going well. She should wake up today or tomorrow but you have to be patient." I nodded and smiled, thanking him for all he's done for us. He left us alone once again and turned my head towards Y/N just looking at her pale face.

I remembered how Dinah and I rushed through the hospital doors and ran to the front desk for any news on Y/N. They told us to take a seat and wait, to just hope for the best. Two agonizing hours I sat in that waiting room just to hear that she was induced in a partial coma to recover. I didn't cry anymore at that point, I sat down in the chair next to Dinah and looked at the floor. I felt nothing, I felt myself crumble right before my very eyes and I didn't try to stop it.

After a few days we were finally able to start going into Y/Ns room and she was able to have visitors. Y/Ns sister was the very first out of all of us to walk in and say what she needed to say. I don't really know what was said but I know it was hard because Y/S/N came out crying and running into my embrace.

I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed Y/Ns hand, intertwining our fingers. "I hope you wake up soon babe, I miss you so much you don't understand. This past week has been hard not being able to hear your voice to tell me it's going to be okay. I love you so much Y/N, I'll always love you."

I rested my head on our intertwined hands and just closed my eyes trying to remember the sound of her voice. I missed the color of her eyes looking back at me. I missed the sound of her heart beat every time she would tell me she loved me.

I had fallen asleep for about an hour just holding Y/Ns hand. I lifted my head and noticed Y/Ns eyes open looking at the TV. "Y/N?" She looked over at me and smiled. She pulled out a small note pad from under her pillow and wrote something down. "My throat hurts so I can't talk." I got up and walked to the other side of the room getting a cup of water and handing it to her.

She gulped down the cup and looked at me. "Come here." She patted the space next to her. I laid down next to her and tears had flooded my eyes as soon as I felt the warmth of her skin and the sound of her beating heart. "Hey, hey why are you crying babe?" I buried my face in the crook of her neck but she cupped my cheek and I looked up at her.

"I thought you died Y/N. I thought that I had lost the only good thing I had in my life, the only good thing that made me forget about all the bad in the world. I cried for days thinking that you would never come back to me. You don't understand what it was like." By now I was sobbing and grabbing a fist full of her first. She held on to me and kissed the top of my head.