Chapter 25

Your POV

Today was Valentine's Day and I honestly had no idea what to do for Lauren. I called up Laurens mother and father to ask for any ideas.

"Hey Clara, how are you?"

"Hi Sweetie, I'm good. Mike and I are on our way to this cafe for breakfast. How's Lauren and Taylor, are they behaving?"

"Yes ma'am they are." I chuckled

"So what is it that you need sweetie?"

"Well today's Valentine's Day and I didn't know what to do for Lauren I was hoping you had any suggestions?"

"Well she's never been to Disney."

"Well then that's where we'll be going today. Thank you Clara, I hope you and Mike are enjoying yourselves, I know we are."

I decided to leave out the part of my confrontation with my mother and the events that occurred in the waiting room with my father. Ever since my grandmother had left my house, Laurens parents were kind enough to treat me as part of their family and I was grateful for that.

Clara and I ended our conversation on a good note and I went downstairs and called all the girls and let them know where Lauren and I were going to spend the next three days at. They all agreed to stay here in the house to take care of Taylor, Chris, and Y/S/N.

I went back upstairs while Lauren was still asleep and when I walked into our bedroom, the sight in front of me was just beautiful. Laurens hair was scattered over the pillow and a few strands over her face, she had one arm resting on her stomach and the other just above her head. I stepped closer and could hear the soft snores falling from her mouth.

I decided to let her sleep and walked over to the closet and grabbed a bag for Lauren and I to pack out clothes. I started to put a few t-shirts, jeans, and one of my leather jackets. I went through Laurens side of the closet and picked out a few of her favorite jeans and shirts and her favorite black beanie along with an arctic monkeys sweater.

Lauren must've heard all the shuffling and started to move around a bit but never fully woke up. I went downstairs to put our bags in the car and opened up the garage to park the car in drive way. I noticed a strange black car a few houses down just parked their, I've never seen that car down these streets in my life but I just pushed it to the back of my head and went back inside.

I grabbed the last bag and stuck it in the trunk, when I looked up to see if the car was still their it had gotten closer. I stood their and looked at the car until I heard the engine shut off and the door to the car started to open. I grew anxious and jittery, waiting for them to get out.

The unknown person got out of the car and started making its way towards me. Two more people got out of the car and started walking behind the man that lead in front. I opened up my trunk and grabbed the crow bar that was laying under my duffle bag. When the men saw the crow bar they had stopped walking only standing a few feet away from me.

"May I help you with something gentlemen?" They stayed quiet but I had tightened my grip on the bar and shaking it in my hand. "I'm looking for your father. Is he here?" Before I could answer the front door of the house opened and Lauren stepped out looking at the scene in front of her. "Babe what's going on?" Fear obviously evident on her voice. "Stay put Lauren."

"My father hasn't lived here in the past few years. Last I saw him was at the nearby hospital attending to his wife." The man in front of me nodded and took a glance at Lauren and a smirk appeared on his face, that's when something snapped inside of me that I had never felt before I lost all control of my thoughts and had a negative cloud come over me.