Chapter 37

Your POV

It had been four months since we returned from our honeymoon and four months of being married to each other. The feeling in the house now was happier and brighter, Lauren and I were doing our daily routines of going to work then coming home to see each other, happily. It was Saturday afternoon and I was out doing my afternoon routes of running through the neighborhood and running to the beach.

When I reached the beach I noticed Laurens car parked at the piers cafe. I passed my the car and noticed it was Laurens car indeed, I walked into the cafe to look for Lauren. I walked to the back of the cafe to see Lauren sitting across from a guy around the same age as her. I watched from afar and noticed how she would throw her head back in laughter every few minutes, I smiled at the sound of her laughter and was getting ready to approach my wife and what seemed to be her friend until he reached across the table and intertwined their fingers.

I felt stuck in place and my eyes didn't tare away from the small contact the two were sharing. A fire of jealousy was burning inside me but I did nothing to make it subside. I stepped out from around the corner and decided to approach the two. "Hey Lauren." She turned around and her eyes went wide, she quickly withdrew her hand from the mans grip and got up to kiss me. "Hey babe, what are you doing here?"

"This is my route through where I run." My voice was stern and dry, she knew I saw his hand in hers and I'm glad she noticed how upset I was. "Y/N, this is my friend, Brad." He got up and looked between the two of us and quickly smiled my way before extending his hand so that I could shake it. "More like ex-boyfriend Darling, but it's nice to finally meet you Y/N. Lauren has been telling me so much about you." I wanted to punch this guy in the face so bad right now. Lauren had snaked her hand into mine and i tightened my grip knowing that I was upset. I put on my best fake smile and continued to hear the fuck boy in front of me go on and on about how he was surprised to hear Lauren was married.

"Well I'll have to get going, I have to finish my run. I'll see you at home Lauren. Nice to see you Brian." I leaned in to Laurens cheek and whispered in her ear. "Don't bother going home." I pulled away and smiled at both of them. "It's Brad by the way." I turned back and looked into his eyes. "That's what I said Brian." With that I walked out of the cafe with a smirk on my face knowing that he was annoyed and continued my run, but this time I ran further down the beach towards the secluded part of the beach so that I could think.

I ran as fast as I could feeling the wind against my face and just trying to forget about my wife hanging out with her ex-boyfriend. I trust her I really do but I'm upset that she didn't bother telling me and it's him I don't trust. He had 'im going to steal your girl' written all over his face. I vowed to fight for Lauren and to fight for our marriage and just our luck this was just the minor speed bump in our road. Once I reached the small cove on the beach I sat on one of the large beach rocks and looked out over the water watching sail boats with families on them. On a particular boat I noticed a father and his son, the father was showing his son how to drive the boat.

I smiled and just imagined if that was me and my kid learning how to drive a boat and bonding and just having a great time. I looked away from the father and son and started to play with my fingers just trying to keep my mind aimlessly out of the clouds. I pulled out my phone and noticed a few text messages from Lauren.

Lauren💕; Where are you?

Lauren💕; Y/N please

Lauren💕; I know where you're at, I'm driving over there.

I didn't really care at this point. I wasn't mad as before, just disappointed that she couldn't tell me. Soon after I heard Laurens car pull up behind me. I heard her walk up to me and just stand in front of me with her arms crossed and a worried expression taken over her face. "I'm sorry" I looked up at her and just faintly smiled pulling her down to sit next to me. "Why couldn't you just tell me? That's the only thing that disappoints me."