Chapter 34

Your POV

A few weeks had gone by and things were as they should be, well not exactly as they should be. Lauren was constantly over at Dinah or Normani's house going over wedding details and I, well I stayed home and attempted to fix things and wander around town. I ended up running everyday and going through the dirt path leading to the little lake everyday, sometimes i would be gone for hours and come home not even noticing Lauren had been home since I was used to her being gone so often.

Sometimes Lauren wouldn't even come home since she was busy working on the wedding plans. I felt bad that I wasn't helping but the girls said that everything was taken care of. The house started to feel lonely without having her here, but it wasn't all that bad. Camila and her sister would come over and visit a few days out of the week and we'd hang out in the back yard watching Sofia play on the swings. It was nice to grow a bond with the Cabello's, Sofi was such a cute little kid and grew out of her shell of shyness with me and started to be more playful with me after a few days.

Today Sofi would be coming over since I promised her ice cream. I was excited, hanging out with a little kid is actually fun. I was already showered and changed ready for this little munchkin to show up on my door step. Minutes later there was a knock on my door, as I went to open the door a little Sofia was pushing the door rushing into my arms. "Hey Sof, how are you kiddo?"

"Hi Y/N, can we go get ice cream now?" I giggled and looked up to see Camila standing there with a loving smile on her face. "Well I'll leave you two, to your adventure today. Have fun guys, I love you my Butterfly queen." Sofi giggled and shouted back at Camila waving as she drove off. "Let's go Y/N!" I quickly followed behind Sofi as she was basically dragging me out the door. I opened the backseat door for her and she happily jumped in, putting on her seatbelt.

We drove off to the ice cream shop, When we arrived Sofi couldn't contain herself and literally bolted out of the car running to the door. I enjoyed seeing her so happy and seeing her have a good time with someone that she just started to get used too but none the less I love her company. When we got inside, Sofi knew right off the bat what she wanted. "Can I have a chocolate, vanilla swirl please?" The gentleman behind the counter kindly nodded and looked at me waiting for me to decide. "Can I just have a strawberry swirl please."

"That'll be four dollars." I pulled out the four bucks from my wallet and handed it over to the nice kid and grabbed the two cones of ice cream. Sofi and I walked over to an empty table outside and sat there talking about the most weirdest but funniest things. We had talked for almost an hour straight and I never would've figured a kid loving to talk so much, when I was a kid I was always awkward and quiet. "Ready to go home Kiddo?" She nodded and lifted up her arms in signs of wanting me to carry her to the car.

I complied and picked her up, walking over to my car and setting her in the back seat. I strapped her in and got into the drivers seat driving away from the ice cream shop and heading back to my house. "What do you say kiddo, we watch finding nemo?" Sofi's eyes widened and she nodded and shouted as to how much she loved the movie. When we got home i carried Sofi inside and we sat in the living room watching the movie. I personally had never seen this movie before but by just watching it for only thirty minutes I was completely convinced that this was the greatest movie of all time.

Little while after, there were soft snores falling from sofi's lips and I honestly thought it was the most cutest thing to ever see. I started to drift off to sleep myself. I looked down at Sofi and adjusted myself so that she was now sleeping on my chest and we're both comfortable. I tried to stay awake for as long as possible but just ended up going to sleep with this little fun munchkin.

Laurens POV

I was driving home to get a change of clothes so that I could stay over at Dinahs house again. I felt bad for having left Y/N alone all these days but honestly all these small details need to be worked out for the wedding and trust me when I say this, it's a lot of damn work. None the less I was having fun planning my dream wedding especially doing it with two of my closest friends.