Chapter 38

Your POV

It had been nine months, nine long exciting months. Lauren and I had gone to the doctors and luckily the process went perfectly, Lauren and I had found out we were going to be parents about three weeks after the insemination. I was beyond excited, I was going to be a mom and so was Lauren, we felt like this baby was going to be the complete puzzle to our family and we were quite thrilled about that. I had spent the nine months reading any baby book there was just so I could get this right when the time comes.

I drowned myself behind books and the computer trying to get more and more information about how to treat and raise a baby, I felt like I didn't have that motherly instinct but Lauren of course didn't believe that and said that I was just as prepared as she was. I was happy because Lauren would be the greatest mother in the world, not only because she's my wife and I'm bragging but because even if she was to be with someone else she would've been the best mother to whatever child she is to give birth too.

Now we were just sitting in the living room and had been wondering all day whether or not to show Lauren the nursery now or after the baby is born. After a few minutes I decided that Id just show her now so she could see where I had been running off too for so long. " I want you to follow me upstairs so I can show you something babe." She shot me a confusing look but then quickly but carefully followed me upstairs holding her stomach while holding onto the railing for support.

Once she reach the top of the stairs I walked behind her and covered her eyes with my hands and guided her to the room. "You've been staring at a yellow ribbon for nine months now, I think it's time to show you what's inside don't you think?" She nodded her head and a smile quickly fell across her face making my heart flutter. I unlocked the door to the room and slightly pushed the door with my foot guiding Lauren in and not letting her see until she was sitting in the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

"1...2...3...open your eyes." I removed my hands from her eyes and watched as her emerald eyes slowly revealed themselves only to be in complete tears. "You did all of this?" I nodded and she seemed lost for words. "Every night when you'd go to sleep, Id come in here and start painting and putting things together and bring in furniture one by one. The girls actually helped with this room too, I've never seen five girls be anymore excited to be aunts and godmothers."

I walked over to Lauren from my spot in the door way and sat next to her pulling out one of the books from the bookshelf. "I bought this book months ago, and I thought you might like it, it's called Mommy, Mama, and Me." She smiled and grabbed the book in her hand silently reading through it to herself and the baby. I stared at her in adoration and just listened to her reading the book and constantly drawing patterns on her stomach.

I had left her alone in the babies room and walked into the lounge watching a bit of TV. I was starting to drift off to sleep but then I heard Lauren screaming, "Y/N!" I quickly got up from where I was sitting and ran into the babies room only to find a puddle of water around her feet and Lauren holding her stomach. I knew what it meant and all I could seem to do was act, my head went blank. Any noise around me was just muffled, I picked Lauren up and rushed downstairs setting her in the car.

We rushed to the hospital and they took her through the emergency doors of the hospital leaving me alone in the waiting room. I called my family, Laurens family, Dinah, Camila, Chelsea, Ally, and Normani. Before I knew it the waiting room was filled with our friends and family. When we had been waiting for a few hours and I was growing anxious it had gotten to the point where Mike and My father had to sit at my sides and hold me down so that I wouldn't barge into the delivery room where Lauren was. "It's going to be okay Y/N, don't worry." Dinah smiled at me with reassurance.

Two more hours had passed and finally the doctor had come through the double doors and called for my name. I rushed up to him with Dinah on my arm waiting with anticipation. "She's great and so are the babies. You can come in and have a look if you'd like." I gave him a confused expression and just followed him in. "Babies?" I walked with him until we reached Laurens room. I rushed to her side and quickly held onto her hand. "Hi baby, how are you? The doctor said you did great. I'm so proud of you." I kissed her lips gently and she gave me a loving smile and simply cupped my cheeks. "They're so beautiful Y/N. The doctor told me he'd bring them in as soon as they're done cleaning them up."

I smiled and caressed her cheek. "Lauren the doctor said babies." She smiled and lightly chuckled looking me with an excited look on her face. "Because they're twins, Fraternal twins to be exact." I was shocked. I looked at her with wide eyes and my mouth gaped open. I was happy, I was excited, I felt so many emotions that all I wanted to do by now was hold my kids.

We held conversation for a few minutes until nurses came in and brought in the babies. They both came over to me and I was able to hold one in each arm. "Well leave you guys for a bit, congratulations." I looked down and saw these two beautiful, beautiful babies. "They're so precious." I whispered. "What did you name them?" She smiled and caressed my face. "Angelica Grace Y/LN and Mathew Grace Y/LN" my eyes filled with tears and one by one they fell from my eyes sliding down my cheek. I was happy and filled with an unconditional love in my heart. I was so happy.

Few hours after spending time with my family alone, we told the nurse that we'd like our family to come in now so they could see Angelica and Mathew. Mike, Clara, Eli, and Scarlett were the first to come through the door and quickly scooped up the babies from my embrace. Dinah, Camila, Ally, Normani, and Chelsea were next and they all cried and loved how cute our kids were.

"Mathew has your eyes Lauren, and Angelica has your eyes Y/N." I smiled and kept my grip in Laurens hand gently caressing her arm. Chris, Taylor, and Y/S/N were next and they were all in awe of Angelica and Mathew. "I'm an uncle." Chris said in disbelief. "And we're aunts." Taylor and Y/S/N said. I smiled and walked over to them. "You guys are going to do great." They smiled and their eyes filled with tears.

When everyone has left and gone home, Lauren and I stayed with Angelica and Mathew in our rooms just talking to them about our adventures together. As if they could understand us but we kept talking to them and I just couldn't help but feel a happiness to know that my daughter looked exactly like her mother, and that my son looked just like me. It was breath taking to see these two in my arms and constantly smile and open their eyes every time I spoke to them. "My family."

The next day Lauren was discharged from the hospital along with Angelica and Mathew. I had sent Dinah on a last minutes spree to pick up an extra car seat from the store since I had only bought one. Lauren sat in the back seat with both of them and I drive as carefully as can be. Once we got home I helped Lauren and the babies inside into the nursery. When they were settled, i unloaded the car and then joined my family upstairs.

When we were all asleep I had snuck out of bed and went into the babies room only to find Mathew awake and cutely looking at me with those emerald eyes. I picked him up and sat down in the rocking chair. "Can't sleep little buddy, neither can I." I let his hands wrap around my finger and in that moment I knew that this was real, I wasn't dreaming but my son was really here and my daughter were finally brought into this world. Soon after Mathew fell asleep in my arms and I drifted off as well, wrapping my arms securely around him.

----------------
A/N: OMG BABIES!!!!

-Diandra