Chapter 28

Your POV

It was the third time waking up in the middle of the night. The same nightmare repeating itself over and over. I couldn't take it anymore, I got up slowly and carefully making sure I didn't hurt myself and sat outside in Laurens bedroom balcony. I sat myself in one of the chairs and just kept replaying the nightmare over and over in my head.

I was kneeling in front of my father and Laurens blood curdling scream echoed through my ears and through my blurred vision I could see Lauren up on her feet attempting to come closer but every step she took my father threatened to shoot her. At that moment my father kicked me repeatedly in the head and stomach and picked me up and whispered something in my ear.

"You think you're something special? You're not! I'm going to find your little friends and kill them one by one." He threw me towards Lauren and my head whiplashed against the concrete ground, I groaned in pain and looked over at Lauren. "Baby! Baby listen to my voice please stay with me please. Everything's going to be alright you hear me? Just stay with me." I touched her face and just smiled at the beautiful sight in front of me, but things changed. Lauren got up and joined my father by his side.

"You did a good job Lauren." I looked at both of them confused and watched as Lauren leaned over and kissed my fathers cheek. "You're with him?!" Lauren laughed and knelt down in front of me. "What did I ever see in you." She then got up and walked into my house never coming back again. "Goodbye Y/N." Gun shots entered my chest and everything went black.

I would wake up sweating and would look over at Lauren only to see her sound asleep. I figured I'd just sit out here until the sun would rise. I looked out over the back yard and could see the lake far back behind Laurens house. I lifted up my shirt only to see the bandage slightly coming off and ready to change. I decided to just leave it alone and stayed in my seat looking out over the balcony.

Few minutes later the sliding door to the balcony opened and Lauren appeared from behind it. "Good morning beautiful." She smiled and made her way over to me, sitting on my lap. She leaned in and gave me a quick but gentle kiss on my lips. "How'd you sleep?" I sighed and looked down at our hands.

"I woke up three times from the same nightmare. I just finally decided to stay awake and come out here." Lauren looked at me confused and started to draw small patterns on my upper back to calm me down. "About what?" I looked at her afraid to tell her about what I dreamt of.

"The last few moments that I remembered when I was thrown towards you. You joined my father and told me you didn't know what you saw in me. You left me there to die and once you were gone I was shot dead." Lauren gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. She quickly got up and knelt down in front of me and held my hands in hers. "Don't you ever, ever think that I'll stop loving you because I won't. I will never leave you Y/N. Understand that you've become a big part of my life and you're my first love. I love you Y/N, I'll always love you."

I leaned in front of her and cupped her cheeks with watery eyes. "I love you so much." She closed her eyes and leaned into my touch. I kissed her soft, pink lips and could taste the saltiness from our tears. I relaxed into the kiss feeling the love radiating from her.

Lauren soon got up and stood at the railing looking out over the balcony. I knew my dream frightened her as much as it frightened me. I got up slowly and stood behind her wrapping my arms around her. "Everything's okay alright? Like you said it's all over now." She turned around in my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned her forehead against mine.

"You sang to me last night and it was the most peaceful song that I've ever heard. Your voice made me feel safe."
I thought for a while and decided to sing her a song returning the favor. I contemplated on a song but soon thought I'd sing her Never Be Alone by Shawn Mendes. I hummed the intro to the song and started to slowly dance with her on the balcony, swaying back and forth at a soft pace.