Chapter 15

Your POV

I woke up and felt Lauren cuddled into my side. I was glad she was okay and the pain I was going through right now was worth it. I couldn't move without hurting myself or feeling some sort of pain. Lauren must've felt me struggling because she woke up and looked at me with a worried face.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her and she knew I needed help getting up. "I'm hungry" she got up and walked out to get us something for breakfast. When Lauren had walked out my father had walked in, I honestly didn't expect him to still be here. I only needed him for one thing so he can leave.

"How are you feeling?" I looked over at him and I could see quilt all over his face. "I'm fine. I thought you would've left by now." He shook his head then looked up at me. "I was waiting for you to wake up so I can leave. Listen Y/N I just wanted to apologize for everything I've done, for leaving you and yurt sister alone. It was wrong of me and I know nothing can fix that now."

"Well we're okay now so if you were to even try and fix your mistakes there would be no point. Everyone was hurting it wasn't just you but you made it as an excuse to leave us. We don't need you to look after us anymore." He looked down at his feet and I swear that was the only time I've seen my father cry.

Lauren then walked in and saw my father standing their next to my hospital bed. "Bye Y/N, just know that if any of you ever need me I'll be there. I love you." Before he left he hovered over me and gave me a quick kiss on the top of my head. My breath had hitched in the back of my throat hearing those words escape his mouth.

I watched my father as he walked passed Lauren and just stood next to her to look at her. "Take care of her, she loves you a lot." With that he walked out and made his way down the hallway. Lauren then walked over to me and gave me a quick peck on the lips before setting our breakfast in front of us.

"That was your dad wasn't it?" I nodded and rested my head on her chest. She just wrapped her arms around me as a sense of security and held onto me while I stayed silent. She started to draw small patterns on my back and it actually felt good. It was as if all the pain had faded away when she touched me.

The doctors had come in and were telling me that I would need to be using crutches for a while due to the bullet that hit my thigh. I was okay with using crutches but if I was a wheel chair I would've rather crawled.

They had taken me down stairs to try and walk without the crutches. It was honestly hard at first but with Laurens support o was able to do my best. When I started to walk on the treadmill my leg started to feel weak but I grew frustrated and wanted to keep going.

When my leg had gotten too weak I fell and I was absolutely angry with myself. Lauren had come to my side and tried to help me up but I didn't let her I snatched my arm out of her grip and attempted to get up myself. When I couldn't I started cursing at myself and started throwing my crutches.

Lauren had come and saddled my waist and held my hands so that I would be looking directly at her. "Stop being a ducking child. You can get through this because you're strong. Stop getting mad at yourself just because you can't get up. You say going through all this was worth it then do it."

I looked at her and I knew her words were true. She then got up and just watched me as I attempted to get up again. I grabbed onto the railings of the wall and pulled myself up so that I was now standing. Lauren had come to me with my crutches in her hand and gave them to me with a smile on her face.

"I'm proud of you Y/N." I felt good hearing those words come from her. I felt like I was proving myself to her and I was willing to go through hell for her. Lauren had managed to crawl under my skin within the first day of knowing her. Lauren had me falling in love with her within the first week. I didn't regret anything, I only wish I would've known her sooner.

Keaton was now put away for good now and my father made sure he would never cause any problems for us again. I knew everything was going to be okay now and I was looking forward to seeing Lauren happy without a constantly worry on her face.

"I'll always love you Lauren." She looked up and set her phone down on the table in front of her and looked at me. She didn't bother saying anything she just simply got up and wrapped her arms around my neck and just hugged me.

I was able to go home now after constant therapy and working on my leg on my own I was now managing to walk around with out my crutches. Lauren would help me from time to time when I needed to change the bandage and everything. When my sister had heard about what had happened she didn't think that it was possible.

My grandmother only thought I was bitten by a dog and I had planned on keeping it that way. Everything was okay now, Lauren and I would go to school and we would both head off the work and come back home. It was a pretty decent routine.

I had met up with Dinah today and she was just filling me in on her and Diana. She actually sounded happy and I was glad to see that she was so happy with her, Dinah deserves a good relationship. "So Y/N, on Saturday one of the frat houses near the campus is having a major block party. We should go."

I looked at her and just laughed in amusement. "A frat party Dinah? Are you crazy?" She shook her head and smiled knowing that I was never the party type but still insisted I go. "I'll only go if Lauren goes." She squealed in excitement and seemed to be happy.

Dinah and I had both left, she went over to Dianas house and I went to go pick up Lauren from work. When I pulled up to the restaurant I could see Lauren waiting for me outside.

She soon walked over to the car and got in. I leaned over to give her a peck on the lips but she just pulled away and looked straight ahead waiting for me to drive off. On our way home the car ride was awfully silent, every time I would turn on the radio she would turn it back off.

When we pulled into the drive way I immediately got out of the car and rushed inside leaving Lauren in the car. I was upset because she would always talk to me and express her feelings, I didn't understand what was happening but I was about to find out.

Lauren soon walked in and sat down on the couch watching TV. I walked over and grabbed the remote from her hand and turned off the TV. "Whats wrong Lauren?" she just glared at me and I swear if looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. "Why didn't you tell me Y/N?" I looked at her confused not really knowing what she meant.

"What are you talking about?" She shook her head and started laughing sarcastically. "Why didn't you fucking tell me that you planned on only fucking me then leaving me to go and be with Mia again." I looked at her with disbelief on my face and hurt in my heart.

"And you let people fill your head with mischievous lies instead of talking to me and asking me? Why haven't you gotten it through your head that I fucking love you Lauren, that I would do anything for you. Do you really think I'd want to mess that up by going back to someone who belittled me and made me feel like nothing?!"

I raised my voice and I could see her face soften at my words. She felt guilty but I was furious, I knew exactly who was trying to ruin my relationship with Lauren and she was Mias' best friend, Kimberly. I knew whatever Mia couldn't do, Kimberly would step up and do it.

For now I didn't want to hear it from anyone, for now I wanted to be alone because the girl that I was now with for a month now didn't trust me enough to know that what was said to her were lies. It hurt me and she didn't seem to realize that until now.

I made my way upstairs leaving Lauren speechless. I left my room for her to sleep in and made my way to the lounge down the hall. I made my bed and laid in it still angry at what people attempt to do in order to keep me unhappy.

I was going to face this tomorrow whether I was prepared for disaster or not. I didn't deserve this from anyone, I didn't deserve to have the one I loved being told lies. I loved Lauren and I was going to defend that love.

-----------------------

A/N; hey guys sorry for this short chapter im just really busy with homework right now but I promise tomorrows chapter will be longer. Love you guys :)

-Diandra