Chapter 23

Your POV

I got up early to get the boat ready for today's boat ride out to the water obstacle course. I was really excited because it's the first year that they actually set this up in the camp grounds.

Everyone soon started to wake up one by one and they all jumped onto the boat ready for today's activities. "Chris! Wanna learn how to drive a boat?" He nodded and rushed over to me. "Alright just hold the wheel and don't crash into any rocks." We both chuckled and I left and sat next to Lauren.

"Are you enjoying the ride?" I smirked and wrapped my arm around her waist to bring her closer to me. "I am." She smiled and snuggled into me. I kissed her cheek and then we just looked out onto the water waiting to arrive at the obstacle course.

"Alright gang, unleash your wild side." They all glared at me and I just stood there and erupted in laughter. Eventually they all left and instantly jumped into the water enjoying themselves.

"I don't want to go in." I looked at Lauren curiously. "Then what do you want to do my love." She smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me to the opposite side of the course. "I want to watch the sunset with you." I smiled and nodded guiding her to a spot that over looks the lake.

I had taken a small tent with me that was stored in the boat and when we reached our spot I opened up the tent and set out a few blankets and pillows so that we would be comfortable. "See this is nice and better than getting all wet." I smirked.

"Well you were all wet last night and the day before and you didn't seem to mind." Lauren slapped my arm and I erupted in a fit of laughter. "That's different okay." She soon joined in on the laughter and we laid there watching the sun go down and listening to the constant splashing and laughter from the girls and Chris in the lake.

I sat up and looked out at what was in front of me and I couldn't help but think of the negative thought that crossed my mind. What if I lost all that I have because of someone else. I wouldn't be able to bear that feeling of losing important people again.

I shouldn't be thinking about this, I shouldn't let these thoughts cross my mind because I should be worried about right now, right here. I should keep my head on the family that I have now but I can't because for far too long I've been thinking about this.

"Babe what's wrong?" I looked back and gave her a sad smile. "Just thinking that's all." She sat next to me and leaned into my side. "I was just thinking about how all this could be taken away from me in just an instant. What would I do then?" Lauren directed her full attention to me.

"You will never lose me unless I'm given a reason to leave and that reason better be good enough because as far as I'm concerned you are my anchor. You keep me close to you because you love me and I love you. I wouldn't leave you, neither would the friends that you have down there. You have people that are willing to fight for you. Always remember that it does not matter where you are from, how you were raised, or the person you used to be. What matters is who you are now and the sacrifices you are willing to make to protect what you have now."

I was blown away and given a new perspective on how to view this. I was surprised to hear such advice come from here since I was always the one to be the advice giver in our group. "I love you very much." She smiled and pushed me back so that we were both laying back down. "I love you too."

Few hours had passed and Dinah had ran over to our tent. "Can we go before it gets dark." I nodded and got up to pack up the tent. Everyone made their way back into the boat and we went back to our cabin.

When we arrived at the cabin we all went inside, showered and got ready for bed. Lauren and I laid in bed and we're just watching cute animal videos. My phone started to ring and saw that my grandmother was calling.