3 Year Anniversary

Caroline's POV
It has been 9 months, since Nik's birthday. I am living in the Mansion, since 7 months ago. We have found out who the threat is and what they are doing. It is Professor Maxfield. He thinks that twins have a special connection, and are experimenting on them. I am very pregnant, and feel like a whale. Nik stays in the Mansion a couple nights a week, and then he goes to stay on campus.

Anyway, I woke up, and Nik wasn't in bed. I went and put on my black maternity dress, with my black heels. I then went downstairs, well more like wobbled. I went into the kitchen, and poured some orange juice into a cup. I then made some toast, and started buttering it. That's when Someone said, " You shouldn't be doing that."

I turned and it was Nik, he walked over to me, and said, " Let me finish. You should be resting."

I said, " I'm pregnant, not senile. I can butter my own toast."

He said, " Jo told you to take it easy, since you are nearing your due date."

I said, " Nik, I'm fine. Jo may be a doctor, but I am going to just sit around, and let you do everything for me."

He said, " Sweetheart, sit down, please."

I sighed and said, " Uggh! Fine."

I then grabbed my orange juice and sat down on the stool. I took a sip of my orange juice, and Nik finished buttering my toast. He handed it to me, and I took a bite. He sat down next to me and drank his coffee.

I said, " So, what have you found out? Don't you dare lie to me Nik. I want the truth."

He said, " You shouldn't be worried, love."

I said, " What should I be worried about, then? Don't you dare say the baby. The baby and I are fine."

He sighed and said, " We know where he is doing his experiments."

I said, " Where?"

He said, " The Whitmore House. We are doing this after it gets dark."

I said, " So, I am supposed to wait here and do nothing?"

He said, " You won't be alone. Elijah will keep you company."

I said, " Elijah? Seriously? Why him?"

He said, " Well, there are only two people that you reason with. That's Elijah, and me. Since, your hormones are all over the place, it's better to have someone that you can reason with here."

I said, " Why can't you be here with me?"

He looked down, and I said, " Nik, what the hell is it?"

He said, " I cant because I am the one that set up the meeting."

I said, " What meeting?"

He looked up at me, and said, " The meeting with the professor. I am acting like I am interested in his experiment. Just in case, the others will be waiting outside, waiting on my signal, if I get into a bind. That's why I can't be here with you. I would love to stay here, but I can't."

I said, " Okay. It's fine. I guess I can deal with Elijah for a little while."

He kissed my cheek, and I finished eating my toast. I then stood up, and he said, " Come. I have something to show you."

I said, " What is it?"

He smirked and said, " It's a surprise."

I huffed, and he took my hand, and we walked out back, into the garden. We stopped, and there was a picnic blanket, and a basket. I said, " Nik, what is this?"

He turned and looked at me. He said, " Happy 3 year anniversary, my love!"

I was confused. I said, " Huh. I didn't even realize that was today. I must've forgot, stupid pregnancy brain."

He chuckled, and said, " Its fine. Let's eat."

I nodded, and we sat down. He then opened the basket. It was my favorite things, sandwiches, and chocolate covered strawberries, which I have been craving my whole pregnancy.  We ate the sandwiches, and talked.

      We fed each other the strawberries. It was like our first date, and it was amazing. He is romantic, and sweet. We got up, and walked around the garden a little bit. Then we went back to the house, and went to the dining room, to eat dinner with the rest of the family.