Christmas

Caroline's POV
      Today, is Christmas. I woke up and put on my green dress with my green heels. I then went to the kitchen and made some coffee. Someone knocked on my door. I walked over and opened it and there was Davina and Marcel with bags of presents. I stepped aside to let them in, and they sat down on the couch. I closed the door, and went over to them.

        I said, " What are you doing here? I thought you were spending Christmas with the Mikaelsons."

      Marcel said, " Now, why would we leave our best friend alone on Christmas?"

   Davina said, " We were coming over anyway, cause the Mikaelsons got you presents. Since you can't be over there, we thought we would bring them over here."

     I said, " Okay. I actually forgot to give you guys 4 presents yesterday. They are for you both, they are under the tree."

   Marcel said, " Okay, but first open your presents."

    I nodded and sat down on the couch. Marcel went into the kitchen to get us coffee. I the opened the first one, it was from Esther. It was a beautiful blue gown. The second one was from Mikael, it was a necklace with a crescent moon. The third one was from Elijah, it was a bracelet, with charms of Paris, Rome, etc. The fourth one was from Rebekah, it was 2 pink dresses. I opened the fifth from Kol. It was a shirt that said, 'Kol is the Best.'

    I showed it to Davina and Marcel and they laughed. I then opened the last one from Klaus. It was a beautiful painting of a blue snowflake. It seemed like there is something lonely about it.

     Davina then said, " I forgot. He also wanted me to give you this."

    I then looked at her hand, and it was a small black velvet box. I grabbed it and opened it. It was my lapis lazuli ring that I thought I lost a year ago. I put it on my finger, and then my phone rang. I looked at it, and it was Klaus calling. I said, " I'll be right back."

They both nodded and I got up and walked to my bedroom. I then answered the phone and he said, " Hello, love."

I said, " Hey. What's up?"

He said, " Wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas."

I said, " Thank you. I loved the painting that you made."

He said, " I figured you would."

Then someone else said, " Nik, are you talking to Caroline?"

Klaus said, " Yes, now get out."

The person said, " Let me talk to her."

Klaus said, " No. Get away, Kol."

Of course it was Kol. There was some ruffling on the phone, and then someone spoke, "Hello, Darling."

I said, " Kol, what do you want?"

He said, " I was wondering if you liked the shirt."

I rolled my eyes and said, " It was funny. I was thinking of burning it."

Kol said, " Why would you do that?"

I said, " I won't burn it, but you have to give Klaus the phone."

He said, " Blackmail? Really, Darling? That the best you got."

I said, " I could just tell Davina that you liked her since you both were kids."

He said, " Fine. Here, Nik. You're girlfriend is a feisty one."

I then heard some more ruffling, and Klaus spoke, " Sorry about that, love."

I said, " It's fine. I wanted to ask you, how did you get my lapis lazuli ring that Beks gave me for my 16th birthday?"

He said, " Well, I found it on your driveway, when you were taken. I went after you and found that and your phone. I just never got the chance to give it back to you, seeing as we had to leave before I had the chance. I held onto it after that, as a reminder of you."

I said, " Oh. I miss you."

He said, " I miss you too, my love."

I then heard someone knock on my bedroom door. I said, " I'll be out in a minute."

Klaus said, " I'm guessing, Davina wants you. I better be going. I love you, Sweetheart."

I said, " I love you too."

I then hung up. I got up and opened my bedroom door. Only to have Davina almost fall. I said, " Eavesdropping, much?"

She said, "I wasn't eavesdropping."

Marcel said, " She was totally eavesdropping."

Davina glared at him, she said, " Shut it."

I laughed and we walked to the living room. We sat down, and I seen Marcel playing with his present. I got him a dart gun as a gag gift, I also got one for Kol too. I said, " No shooting that in my apartment. If you want to play with it, go over to the Compound."

Marcel said, " What's the fun in you getting me it? Kol got one of these from you, and got a bat from Klaus."

I said, " I don't want something broke. I gave him one cause he acts like a child."

Davina said, " Okay. What are we doing the rest of the day?"

I shrugged and Marcel's face lit up. I said, " Don't even say playing with the dart gun."

Marcel said, " Well, we could drink eggnog and watch Christmas movies."

I said, " You want to watch Christmas movies? Since, when?"

Marcel said, " What. I love Christmas."

Davina said, " I guess. Let me find movies."

I went to the kitchen and got the eggnog, and walked back into the living room. We sat down and watched movies and drank eggnog the rest of the day. We then ate some turkey, Marcel put in the oven, earlier. Then Marcel and Davina left. I went and got a shower, and changed into my pjs. I then went to the living room, and decided to take down the tree and the decorations. Everything was down with in 2 hours. I then went to my room and laid down and went to sleep.