Last Day

Caroline's POV
      It has been 5 days since I moved in. I woke up in the middle night, and seen Klaus wasn't in bed. I then felt a breeze and I looked and seen the balcony doors were open. I got up from the bed and put on Klaus's Henley that was on the floor to cover myself. I walked over and seen Klaus standing leaning on the balcony, looking over the quarter. I can tell he was tense cause he was shirtless and I can see his muscles tense.

        I walked over to him and put my hand on his back, he seems to relax at my touch. I said,"Hey."

        He didn't turn around, or say anything. I stood by his side and seen tears on his cheeks. I put my hand on his arm and said, " What's wrong?"

    He said, " Nothing."

     He didn't look at me, and I put my hand on his chin and had him look at me. I said, " Nik, What is the matter?"

      He looked at me and said, " You called me Nik?"

    I said, " Oh, sorry. I guess I spent too much time with Bekah and got used to her saying that."

     He said, " It's fine. I want you to call me Nik."

    I said, " Okay. Want to tell me what's wrong?"

    He sighed and said, " My family and I are leaving tomorrow morning."

    I said, " That's what this is about. Look, I know what your family does for a living, I knew you would have to leave at some point, it's your job."

     He said, " You don't get it. I finally have someone that I love more than this job. I don't ever what to leave you, again. But I can't take you with us, cause if I do then people will find out that I love you, and they will take you again. You already got taken twice and I failed to protect you."

    I said, " The first time wasn't even remotely your fault, they planned on taking me since I was a kid. The second time it wasn't your fault either. I was the one who walked out of Rousseau's, and didn't bother waiting on a full explanation from Elijah cause I was mad at him and you. You don't have to protect me, I can protect myself. I understand that you can't take me with you and I respect that. Just go, and know that I will still be here. I love you too much to not wait for you. I will wait for you for how ever long it takes."

     He smiled and said, " How can I ever deserve a woman like you?"

     I said, " You deserve me cause you love me and I love you. I don't love anyone else but you. You are the one who gives my life meaning, with all your sweet notions, and your sweet gestures. I love you with all my heart, Nik."

    He said, " I love you, sweetheart."

     He then leaned down and kissed me. We rested our foreheads together. I said, " How about we go back to bed, and get some sleep?"

   He said, " As you wish, my love."

    I pecked his lips and we walked back into our room, and laid in our bed. I then fell asleep on his chest.

Morning
     I woke up and Nik was still sleeping. I slipped out of bed, and went into our closet. I put on my strapless pink dress with my pink heels.  Then walked out the closet, and seen Nik sitting up in bed. He has his hair sticking up in odd places. He has a sleepily look on his face that made him look even more hot. He smirked at me and got up from the bed.

     He walked over to me, and said, " I see you are already for the day."

    I said, " Yeah. You were still sleeping when I got up, I wanted you sleep in a little more."