New Family in Town

Caroline's POV
      I woke up and put on my blue dress with my blue heels. I then headed downstairs to the kitchen. I seen Lily, Damon, and Stefan. I said, " Where's Giuseppe?"

   Lily said, " He had to run, a meeting with the Lockwoods. Here's breakfast, before you and Stefan leave for school."

  I nodded and ate the eggs and bacon that Lily made. After, I finished eating, I ran upstairs or get my purse. I then ran back downstairs and stood at the door waiting on Stefan. He always takes forever in the morning. I said, " Stef, let's go."

   He came around the corner, with a bag slung over his shoulder. We then walked to his red Volkswagen, that Giuseppe gave him for his 17th birthday. We got in and he started driving. He asked, " Hey, are you sure your okay?"

   He always asks me this everyday, since my mom died, last year. I said, " I'm fine, Stef. I promise."

  He nodded and continued driving. We then arrived at the school and parked. We then walked inside, and Stefan went the way to his locker, since he is in 11th grade. I am in 9th grade with Kat, Elena, and Bonnie. I walked to my locker and got my books. I then heard someone say, " Care Bear."

   I rolled my eyes at that nickname. I closed my locker to see Kat, Elena, and Bonnie. Kat and Elena are twins. Sometimes they confuse me, when they stand next to each other.

   Kat said, " Are you okay?"

  I smiled and said, " I'm fine. I swear."

   They nodded and we walked to our first class. It was history with Mr. Saltzman. The day went by fast. School was over for the day, and Kat said, " How about we go to the Grill?"

   I said, " What about Stefan, I just can't leave and not tell him where I am going?"

  Bonnie said, " Text him."

   I nodded and pulled out my phone. I then texted Stefan.

C- Going to the grill with the girls. No need to wait for me.

I then put my phone away and then we hopped into Bonnie's grey Mazda. We then drove the ten minutes to the grill. We arrived and got out the car. We walked inside and sat down at a booth. Matt came over and said, " Care, how are you?"

  Matt has been there for me, but we aren't really close friends. I said, " I'm fine."

   He nodded and we gave him our orders. He then walked away, and Kat said, " So, cheerleading practice starts next week. I heard a rumor about a new girl wanting to tryout."

   Elena said, " Well, Care is the captain, so she chooses who stays and who goes on the team."

   Bonnie said, " Sasha quit last year, so we do have an opening."

   I said, " Yeah. So if this new girl try's out and is good then she will have a spot on the team. Kat anything else you find out about this mysterious new girl."

   She said, " Nope. Other than her family has a history here in Mystic Falls. Our parents went to have meeting with the Lockwoods this morning, I guess it was about the new family. I heard that the new girls aunt was Dahlia that died two months ago."

   I said, " Wait, Dahlia as in the old hag that lived in the old rich mansion on the outskirts of town?"

   She said, " Yeah, that same one. Apparently, she had more family and they are moving here from Britain."

   Our food came and we ate and talked. Then we went to the pool tables and started a game. Enzo came over and said, " Hey ladies. What are you doing?"

   I said, " Enzo, go away. You can flirt with Bonnie some other time."

  He said, " Who said I was flirting with Bonnie?"

  Bonnie said, " It is pretty obvious. You always come over here and immediately flirt with me, go away."

   He said, " Fine, bye ladies."

   Ugh! We then started playing again, and my eye caught a couple hot guys walking into the grill. There was their parents it looked like, 3 hot guys, and 2 girls. I nudged Kat and said, " Hot guys alert!"

   She said, " What?"

  She then looked towards the door and seen them. She said, " Whoa! They are fiiinneee! I haven't seen them before."

   I said, " Maybe that is the new family in town."

   She said, " Well, I call dibs on the one with the dark short hair, with the suit."

   I said, " You can't call dibs."

  She said, " I can too."

   I rolled my eyes, and we continued playing the game. I was catching glances at the new family that took a seat at a table. Matt was their waiter. I waved Matt over here, and said, " Hey, who are they?"

  Matt said, " That is the old hag's Dahlia's sister's family. They are new to town."

   He then walked off. I was shocked. How come no one knew Dahlia had a sister? I mean she talked with my mom before but I never paid attention. She never really knew the Salvatores pretty well, but she and my mom were friends before she died. I was basically staring at the new family. I then looked away, when the one with short curly hair with dreamy blue eyes looked at me.

   I blushed. We then continued the game and then we walked out to Bonnie's car. She drove me to the Salvatores house, I still don't call it home. I don't know why, I just don't. The girls left and I walked in and seen Giuseppe in the living room.

   He walked over to me and hugged me. He said, " Caroline, Are you okay? Where were you?"

   I said, " I'm fine. I was at the grill with the girls. I thought Stefan told you."

   He said, " He didn't. But it's fine, go upstairs and get cleaned up. Then we can watch a movie."

   I nodded and went upstairs to my room. Giuseppe was nicer than Lily. I mean he would have those days, where he would yell. But overall he is nice, and like a father figure. I got a shower, and changed into my tank top and shorts. I then walked downstairs to the living room with Giuseppe. Stefan, Damon and Lily soon came in and we turned on, ' Scrooge.'

  After that, we then went to bed.