Apart

Caroline's POV
    I woke up on the floor of the big house, in the living room, by the fireplace, and had a blanket covering me. I then looked beside me and seen Klaus wasn't there. I got up off the floor, wrapping the blanket around my body. I then walked out of the living room, and went to the kitchen, since there was a light on.

       I walked in and seen Klaus standing there nursing a bourbon. He was shirtless, and wearing his pants. I walked over to him and said, " What are you doing up?"

      He looked towards me, and put his glass on the counter. He said, " Sorry, love. I just couldn't sleep."

      I said, " What's wrong?"

     He looked down, and I put my hand on his cheek and made him look at me. I said, " Niklaus, What is wrong?"

     He said, " Its just, I got you back and now we have to go back to not seeing or talking to each other. One night is not long enough with you, my love."

      I rested my forehead on his and said, " We will get through this. We can still text each other."

     He said, " You always try and find the light in problems, don't you?"

    I said, " Well, if you don't find the light in the problems, then you can't get through them."

      He then leaned in and kissed me. I could taste the bourbon on his lips. I pulled away and he said, " We should get dressed. We can't be gone for too long. Marcel will be here soon to pick you up. Bekah might have some clothes in her room, for you to wear."

     I said, " Okay. So, is this the other house, Bekah talked about a year ago?"

    He said, " Indeed it is. This is the plantation house that has been in my family for generations. We all have rooms and clothes here in case, any of us stay here. Come, I'll show you to Bekah's room."

    I nodded and he took my hand and guided me upstairs. We got to the top of the stairs, and he then turned to the left and walked down the hallway. He pointed to a door, and said, " This one is Bekah's. Mine is down at the end of the hall. Elijah's is right across from Bekah's."

    He opened the door, and walked inside. I walked inside after him and seen it was definitely Bekah's room. It had pink walls, with a queen size bed, and dressers by the door. He pointed to a door, and said, " There's the closet. I'll be downstairs."

     He pecked my lips and headed out of the room. I walked to the closet and seen a bunch of dresses, skirts and shirts. I went and looked through the dresses, and found a pink dress with black lace on the right side that goes as the strap. I then put on some natural looking makeup, and pulled my hair into a bun. I then put on the black heels, I found in the closet.

    I went out the room and downstairs. I seen Klaus in the living room, with a glass of bourbon. I said, " How many of those have you had?"

    He looked up at me, then back at his glass. He wouldn't answer. I walked over to him and sat next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder, and he said, " I haven't told you everything, with what happened since I left Mystic Falls."

    I said, " Elijah told me that you got into fights every-night, and you were even more aggressive than you normally are. He also told me that you mostly stayed in your wing of the compound since you arrived."

    He took a deep breath and said, " That's not all. Look, I haven't been completely sober since we left Mystic Falls. I also killed a bunch of people because I had to leave you. When I arrived here in New Orleans, I was still angry at everyone, mostly myself. It took Elijah 2 weeks to tell me that you lived here. I wanted to see you so badly, when I found out. One night, I went out, and ended up outside your apartment building. I wanted to go in and see you, but I just couldn't bring myself to get you hurt even more. I eventually heard, Marcel, Davina and you laughing when you were walking down the street, I quickly hid so you didn't see me. But I seen you, you looked so happy and full of life. I couldn't bring myself to confront you. The day, Elijah met with you, he told me that you were heartbroken and angry at me for leaving you. That night I ended up getting into a huge fight in a bar outside of the Quarter. I had a broken nose, and close to killing the guy, I was punching. But right when I was about to, i thought of you and how you would hate me, if you found out I killed anybody out of anger for leaving you."