chapter2 4 months before marriage!

Chapter 2

"Abi hurry up, we're going to be late for ju'mah". I screamed from the

kitchen.

"Asmah give your sisters some crispy coco rice cereal". Ummi says while folding towels.

I poured Ain and Aminah some cereal and milk. "Meme where are you going?" Asked Ain.

"I am going to ju'mah with Abi" I replied.

"Asmah, Asmah can I go with you all?" Aminah shouts giving me puppy eyes.

"No Aminah you’re not even ready to go". I said grabbing an apple to eat.

"I can go quickly wash up, please Asmah; I don't want to stay here with Ain" Aminah folds her arms and pouts.

"Aminah we're late as it is, I am sorry".

Aminah sink down in her chair and mumbled something under her breathes. I look at her and then start eating my apple. Abi then came from his bedroom wear a dark green thob, and a black Kofi.

"Asmah, let's roll" Abi said walking to the door.

I got up from my chair and walked towards the door. Abi stopped and gave Ummi a kiss then said the dua' before going outside. I said the dua' also before leaving out the door.

********************

Abi and I ran to the masjid because Imam Yusuf already started salatul Dhur. When I got to the women side I put my shoes on the shoe rack and joined salat. After salat was over I made my Sunnah for the masjid since I was late. Then, I said my salaams to the muslimahs and then left. Just as I was going to the car I saw Abi talking to a young Muslim brother. As I got closer I recognized that face. It was Isma'el Bin Musa from my Muslim school. He was really cute.

"Oh, Asmah darling I didn't see you there" Abi says.

"I was standing here a while Abi" I say smiling.

"Oh, I need to pay attention to my surroundings" Abi shakes his head.

"As salamu alaykum Asmah" Isma'el say shyly.

I swear if I was lighter my face would be beet red. I was that shy.

"Wa laykum wa salaam Isma'el" I say shyly too.

Abi looked surprise at our salaams to one another. He smiled a little.

"Abi give me the keys so I get in the truck” I held my hands out to him.

Abi gave me the keys and told me not to drive. I gave him a 'please' look. He raised an eyebrow at me. I raised mines. He hit my arm and told me to go. I laughed walking to the car. I propped my foot up on the dash board waiting for Abi to come. After like 30 minutes Abi finally came.