Chapter 10 -the party

chapter 10

Asmah and I are going to a party at my Ummi house. While I'm getting ready she's yelling at me about her shoes. Why would I know where her girly shoes are?

"Isma'el where are my shoes?" Asmah yells from the bedroom.

"I don't know" I yell back.

"You probably do you are al- oh never mind I found them"

"Always accusing before looking" I shake my head.

She comes from out of the bedroom smiling. I pretend not to see her.

"I'm sorry baby" she coos

"It's alright. Look before you accuse me again" I said before kissing her cheek.

I will" she walks off and I watch. Man is she fine. I can look at her that way cause she my wife.

When we finally get ready we check each other clothing to make sure we look nice. Asmah was wearing a eggplant purple butterfly abaya and a purple cheetah print hijab with silver bangles and silver shoes. I was wearing a dark blue jalabiyah with a checkered blue and white kuffiyeh with the ogal on top and also some black dress shoes. We leave out saying the dua when we're done checking each other. Today we're riding in my hummer. Asmah wanted to ride in her new convertible. But not today maybe another time.

It took us about 30 minutes to get there. The house was decorated really nice. There were colorful balloons on the mailbox and the door.

"Whoever decorated, they did a nice job" Asmah compliments.

"More than likely my mom did it"

"Hmm"

We exit the hummer and walk up to the door. I ring the door bell once than stand back to waiting. Asmah holds my hand. Inside I can tell there's a lot of people here. It takes a while before someone finally opens the door.

"As salamu alaykum" said an elder women in all pink.

Asmah let go of my hand and hug the lady. I guess it's her grandma.

"Jidda!" Asmah squeals.

"Oh Asmah baby" the old women chuckles. Asmah is really taller than the lady. So she has to bend down to hug her.

"How are you?" Asmah Jidda ask.

"I've been fine and you?"

"Oh okay and is this handsome young man your beloved?" Asmah Jidda ask smiling.

"Yes he is"

"Oh come over here and give me a hug darling" Asmah Jidda holds out her arms to me.

I embrace her in a hug. She squeeze me tight. She then let's me go when Asmah tell her she's squeezing the life out of me.

"Oh I'm sorry" she apologize.

"It's okay" I say straighten my jalabiyah out.

"So Asmah are you expecting soon?" Asmah Jidda pats Asmah stomach and laugh. We both stare at her surprised.

"Jidda no" Asmah says embrass. I try to hold in my laughter but I couldn't. Asmah narrow her eyes at me and push me as she half smile.

"Oh I just ask because some people like to do things early. Like they say the earlier the better" Asmah Jidda says laughing.

"No that's not what people say. That's what you say. You and grandpa did that digusting stuff on your first night not me" Asmah says with a bit of attitude.

"Darling when do you want to have beautiful children with my wonderful granddaughter?" Asmah Jidda ask me.

"Uh" Asmah was giving me death stares but I just wanted to see what would she say when I say this.