chapter 16 the baby

I wasn't panicking. Okay I was because i freakin' missed my menses. This never happened before. It comes on the same day at the same time for the past 7years and now it isn't here. What is the problem? The only thing I needed was my Ummi. While Isma'el was still sleeping I called my Ummi to tell her this horrible news.

"As Salamu Alaykum" Ummi said.

"Ummi I have a huge problem" I say panicking.

"Asmah calm down what is it?"

"I missed my menses. This never happened before. What is wrong?"

"Asmah just calm down. I'll be there okay"

"Okay"

"As Salamu Alaykum"

"Wa laykum wa salam" I hang up the phone and sit on the couch. I was so nervous. I couldn't keep still. I keep fridgeting with my hands and I keep looking out the window to see if Ummi has came yet. I seem like forever. When she finally came I unlocked the door and she came in.

"You know what the problem is?" I asked nervously.

Ummi puts her purse on the couch then pulls me to the bathroom. She closes the door softly so she won't wake Isma'el.

"Take this test then show me the results" Ummi hands me pregnancy test then leaves out the bathroom. I stand there looking at the test. She couldn't be serious. I took the test anyway then waited three minutes for the results. When three minutes were up I looked at it and gasp. I was pregnant. I opened the bathroom door and gave Ummi the test.

"What did it say?" Ummi said.

"Read it"

"Positive. Oh my goodness it's postive. I'm so happy for you!" Ummi gives me a tight hug and a big kiss on the forehead.

"Sshh Isma'el is going to hear" I quiet her down then pull her back into the bathroom.

"Asmah your going to be having a baby" Ummi excitedly squeals. She was acting like a crazy highschool girl.

"We aren't for sure. Maybe I should schedule an appointment to the doctor" I say sitting on the sink.

"Yeah maybe we should. Just so we know. I'll make an appointment today to see if we can get you an appointment as soon as possible"

"Okay, Ummi don't go telling everyone about this okay. Just between me and you"

"My mouth sealed" Ummi leaves out the bathroom and go into the living room. I follow behind her after checking on Isma'el.

"Your leaving" I asked ummi.

"Yep got to get back home before your sisters wake up. Your father is at work" Ummi grabs her purse and start towards the door.

"Aminah and ain are big girls. They can handle being alone for a couple of minutes" I say opening the door for Ummi to go out.

"Yeah well Inshallah I'll call you when the appointment is made so we can go together"

"Okay"

"As Salamu Alaykum" Ummi kisses my cheek and leaves out.

"Wa laykum wa salam Ummi" I wave as she gets in her car. She peels out the drive way and down the road. I close the door and go into the bedroom. Isma'el was still sleeping. I got back in bed and laid my head on his chest. We will be in for a big surprise.

________________________the next day.

"Are you nervous?" Ummi ask me as we walk into the hospital.