Chapter 38: part 2 how bad can eid get

"As salamu alaykum" ummi say to us all.

We return the greeting and come into the house. The first thing I see makes me panic. I grab onto Ismael hand tightly. I take a deep breath and walk really close to him.

"Hey, I'm trey" trey holds out his hand to Ismael smiling.

"I'm Ismael, Asmah husband" they shake hands smiling at each other. I should bust him across the head with a lamp to knock that smile off his face. (Crazy much).

"Hey Asmah" said trey.

"Hmm" I say pretending to not hear him.

"I said hi"

"Oh"

"Aren't you going to reply with hi back?"Ismael asked.

"Hi"

"Asmah girl aaaahhh I haven't seen you in so long baby girl. You all grown up and looking good. I'm so proud of you" aunt Tina squeals in happiness.

"I'm glad to see you too" I embrace her in a hug and kiss her cheek.

"Asmah turn to the side" aunt Tina said with her hands on her thin hips.

I turn to the side while looking at her in confusion.

"You are pregnant Asmah?!"

"Yes"

"Oh my god. Anna you let this girl get pregnant and she ain't married!" Aunt Tina yells.

"Tina she's married. Her husband is in your face girl"

"Oh you're the husband?"

"Yes"

"I thought you were the boyfriend" aunt Tina says laughing.

"Aunt Tina you always making assumptions about stuff" I say giving her another hug.

"I know baby. I'm sorry" aunt Tina said kissing my forehead.

"Trey you need to get married an have some kids. You ain't getting no younger boy" aunt Tina said.

"I know ma. Imma get married when the time is right"

"When is the time right? Huh? When you near your grave?"

"I don't know"

"You better know. I want some grand kids"

"Tina you going to have grand kids just wait" ummi said.

"I ain't waiting forever"

Out of the corner of my eye I see trey looking at me. It's like he's looking for something. I will give him something to look at.

I wait until ummi calls Tina in the kitchen leaving only Ismael an trey and I.

I face Ismael and wrap my arms around his neck.