Chapter 23-tell me

Ever since the day I left the hospital I didn't talk to isma'el. I didn't answer his calls or texts. I'm too scared to tell him what happened.

Sonia is doing fine. She went to stay at her parents house after she left the hospital a week ago.

Uncle Yusuf left to his mom house after that incident at the hospital. He said he couldn't be around abi anymore because what he did was unnecessary. Abi apologized and Yusuf accepted it but still left.

Ain and Aminah started school. They were really excited on the first day. I want to be here when they get out of school but I think it's best to leave now so I don't have to see ain cry.

I finish packing my last things in my suitcase when my phone rang. I took it off the dresser and answered it without looking who is calling.

"Hello"

"Hey Asmah I really need you to talk to me" Isma'el says rushing his words out.

"Okay"

"Tell me why didn't you answer my calls and text? What did you hang up on me"

"Because I was going through something at the moment and I didn't want you to get involved"

"Involved? I'm your husband and I'm suppose to worry about you. Tell me what that something is?"

"I can't"

"Why can't you? Did someone tell you not to tell me? Because if they did to hell with what they said. I want you to tell me now" isma'el was now furious.

"Ismael I got to go. Please don't make this hard on me. I have to get ready because my mom is taking me home" I say in a whisper.

"You can talk while you get ready"

"Isma'el please. I don't want to talk about it. it hurts me everyday to think about it and when you pressure me to tell you it makes it a whole harder" I choke back tears as I talk.

"I just want to know what happen"

"I know"

"When you get home I want to do video chat okay"

"Sure"

"Bye"

"Bye"

I put my phone in my coat pocket and roll my suitcase into the living room. I sit on the couch and wait.

"Asmah are you ready?"

"Yes"

"Okay here I come"

I get up off the couch and open the front door. I sit on the porch and wait.

"Come on Asmah" ummi says as she walks to the car. I get up and walk to the car. I put my suitcase in the trunk and get into the front seat.

All the way to the house we ride in silence. I didn't have anything to say nor did ummi. I gave her my salaams then took my suitcase out the trunk and went inside the house.

It was nice to be home again and I could breathe more. I put my suitcase in my room and then get on the computer to do video chat with Isma'el.

While I wait for him to come on I fix my hair so that It covers my bruise that's on the side of my face.

"Asmah hey beautiful"

"Hi" I wave.

"You look beautiful"

"Thank you"

"I wish I could kiss you"

I smile and turn away. I wipe away my tears and take a deep breath. I turn back around and see him looking confused.