chapter6 -2 months later /graduation day

Chapter 6

"Ummi, Abi, Ain, and Aminah get up today is my graduation!" I happily screamed.

"Asmah what are you screaming for?" Ummi ask rubbing her eyes.

"Today is my graduation!" I jump up and down. I had no idea why the heck I was jumping. I never jumped. I'm going crazy.

Ummi starts panicking. She hurried to her bed and woke up Abi.

"Sulaman get up we're going to be late for Asmah graduation!" She continues to shake him.

"Okay okay I'm up" Abi mumbles though his pillow.

Ummi runs to Aminah and Ain bedroom and wake them up also.

I go to my room and get my golden tube top long dress, white hijab, white sweater, and my golden flats. I quickly shower and put on my dress carefully so no wrinkles form.

"Asmah your Abi is about to take you to school, so hurry up" Ummi yells from her bedroom.

After I was ready I showed Ummi and Abi my clothes.

"Asmah you look gorgeous" they say in unison.

"Thank you"

"So you ready to go?" Abi ask

"Yeah let me go put on my hijab and shoes"

_________

"As salamu alaykum Abi" I wave as he drives off.

As I walk into the school there was a banner hanging in the front entrance of the school saying Graduates of 2012 Students Congratulation. There was also tons of colorful balloons hanging everywhere. After examining the hall I make my way to Miss.Sarah classroom.

"As salamu alaykum Miss. Sarah" I say as I enter her classroom.

"Wa laykum wa salam" she replies with a big smile.

When everyone was in class Miss. Sarah stood from her desk and begin to speech.

"Okay children I want to speak" everyone turn their attention towards her.

"Today is a wonderful. Mashallah. I am grateful Allah(swt) has blessed me to teach your all what I know and I'm very grateful that Allah(swt ) let you all teach me all what I don't know. As a matter of fact, some of you are excellent teacher" Miss. Sarah points some people out.

"But I hope Allah bless you all with only good after highschool and beyond that. I'm just glad I got to teach you all. I'm really am. I hope you guys are too". Miss. Sarah wipes away some tears.

"Aww Miss. Sarah we are extremely grateful your are our teacher" Haqikah says going up to hug her.

"Thank you so much Haqikah and thank you all too" Miss. Sarah says though sobs. All the girls come up and hug her. The boys just stay sitted to keep distance from the girls.

After smothering her in our hugs we all line up to go to the auditorium for the graduation. When we got there the bleachers on the right was filled with peoples family and the left side was partically filled. The chairs set up for the students was in rows of 9 and the chairs were green and white. Some classes were already sitted. We sat in the 2nd row to the front. After all of us 12th graders and teachers were seated our principal, Brother Iyyub comes and stand in front of the podium. He cleares his throat and look at everyone. Brother Iyyub is a Sudanese man with a big reddish color beard and a bald head. He's a very nice man.

"As salamu alaykum brothers and sisters. Can you hear me?" He ask taping the mic.

"Yes brother Iyyub!" We yell.