《LVIX》

______

He was dead.

They pronounced him dead at the scene but I know they probably killed him in the hospital just like MLK. History was repeating itself, the predator chased and has caught it's prey.

Vladimir never got in contact with me after Frank basically kidnapped Skylar and I. And somehow the plane with the other kids in it, turned back around to Washington.

It's been three days, three agonizing days of complete denial that my husband is dead, that my children are fatherless and that I'm now....now I'm a widow.

Saria went into premature labor at the news of Nikolai's death and my grandson is fighting for his life in the ICU. They named him Kolai, after Nikolai, who was his only grandfather but now he'll never get to see. I'm not a fan of juniors and personally I think the name is stupid but what do you expect from kids having kids. I only held my tongue because it's not my baby and because it's a tribute to Nikolai. If Nick were alive, we all know he'd hate the name and suggest a 'better' Russian name befitting his 'Prince' of a grandson.

Skylar still hasn't talked since that day, she doesn't cry and she doesn't eat. All she does is stare off into the distance with this blank look on her face. Not even seeing her nephew makes her happy, some days I have to carry her out of bed because she just doesn't want to get up. Dark circles are painted under her eyes and her lips are always chapped and peeling from dehydration.

The house has been filled with people, friends from California and family from Kenya. It's sick how people mostly reunite in time of death, and even more depressing that after we bury Nikolai, they'll all leave, and the kids and I will be left alone with no distractions to the pain that cripples our hearts.

I leave the kids with my Mother before heading to the back room where the casket is being guarded by the people who slaughtered my husband.

"Get out. I want a moment of privacy for the last time".

I've completely lost any ounce of respect for these people. Just the mere sight of them makes my blood boil. They look at each other before heading to the door and I trail behind them and lock it just as the last one of them steps out. A fist slams against the door but I ignore it and run to the casket where I flip the lid open to see my Husband's face. Every freckle and birthmark is perfectly how it is. But I still don't understand how his head looks completely intact when he was shot at the side of it. There is a bandage around his head but I feel like it still would be worse.

It's even more sketchy to me that the bloody scene was cleaned up before police came to do an investigation. The security camera's had somehow missed the whole assassination and his

"No, God I know he's not dead, I can feel him still".

Just as I go to close the casket a thought pops up in my head and I reach for the zippers to his slack and yank them half way down his legs. Pulling down his briefs, I look for the stab wound I inflicted on Nikolai when we had fought a while back, leading to me stabbing him on his upper right thigh.

And sure enough it's not there.

This time the door get's knocked down and someone yanks me away from the body.

I look around at the agents with a wide grin. Pulling the black veil over my face, I lift my hands up and bow my head in prayer, "Set a wicked man over him and let Satan stand at his right hand. When he shall be judged, let him be condemned, and let his prayer become a sin-"

A man's body presses behind me, "Let his days be few and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless and his wife a widow. Psalm 109 verse six to nine".