《LV》

______

When the doctor told me I had been poisoned. I knew who did it and when it happened.

And I made sure the doctor wasnt going to tell Vladimir I had been poisoned. This revenge was mine to take, no one elses.

I climb out of the jet and head straight to the cars. My phone is on mute because Nikolai has been blowing it up non stop but I have nothing to tell him so I'm not going to pick it up. All I needed to know was that he's alive.

"Where to ma'am?"

I smile sweetly at the new driver, "Levi's soccer game".

He frowns, "last time you told me that, I dropped you there, you snuck off, took an uber and ran off to Russia".

I laugh, "fine, but I need to know if I can trust you first".

He leans in and nods, "you can trust me Ma'am I had nothing to do with the assassination tempt on Tuesday".

I look around and catch one of the agents watching us.

"Walk towards the car and a little tip to keep you alive, dont act suspicious and always make sure they dont bug you or the place your in. Like the car, dont say anything in the car. All the cars are bugged".

He gives me a boyish smile that shows of those pearly front teeth of his, "except mine".

I'm not sure if I can trust him but I dont think I really have much of a choice so I follow him to his Cadillac. He opens the door for me and closes it when I slide in. Once he has the engine started, I look around and try to relax.

"What do you know about my husbands assasination attempt?"

He puts his arm behind my seat and reverses, "I think the CIA did it. I've heard some things, here and there but I'm a rookie so they don't tell me anything. But there were three shooters in a triangle like position, just like-"

"How they assassinated JFK. Listen I need you to get me those files-"

His eyes widen, "they're sealed, no one can read them or get their hands in them-"

I raise a brow, "your father is a retired agent and you got hired at twenty years old after you dropped out of college Freshman year and have no eligibility but yet your scared of what they'll do to you? They cant touch you even if they try. Get me the JFK Files".

He looks alway, "you need to understand that my great great grandfather was part of the assassination team. You'll get blood on my family name-"

"Your family name already has blood on it. The public deserve to know who the CIA-who the Government realy is".

"Those files wont be enough to bring the government down, you know".

I nod, "I have someone else who'll help me get everything else I need. America has been too comfortable, it's time we create some enemies".

He looks at me, "Veronika? That's where you want me to take you huh?"

My left hand moves towards the door handle, "what do you know about her?"

He grunts, "everything. You shouldn't get involved with her, she's a snake".

I laugh bitterly, "oh I'm well aware of what she is".

He glances down at my stomach, "sorry about your loss by the way. She deserves hell for that".

I cross my arms over my stomach feeling vulnerable, "who told you about that? No one knows".

He shrugs, "I know a lot".

"Anyways, it doesn't matter, I'm going to kill her".

He slams the breaks at the stop sign and turns to face me, "you have your mind made up? Maybe you should reconsider, they're days away from killing her you know. Let them do it, you wont have blood on your hands".