《XII》

______

After Church, Nikolai dropped the kids at his parent's house and then drove me out for Lunch.

He had been complaining about not having one on one time with me as much and I was delighted to not have to hear tantrums and whining for a few hours. And ofcourse, I missed Nick aswell.

"Daddy, I come! Daddy I come".

I watch as Nick bends over and re-due's Skylar's ponytail as he explains to her that she couldn't come on our date. I don't know what he told her but she wipes her tears and softly nods before kissing him and taking her grandfather's hand.

"What'd you tell her?"

Nik closes the car door and starts the engine, "that's our little secret. But let's just say I can't come back home without a big teddy bear".

I smile, "we can look for one at the mall after lunch".

We continue talking about Politics, the kids, our plans for the next vacation, and anything else we could think about. Nikolai's big hand rubs on my inner thigh as a comfortable silence falls on us.

I turn up the radio and we both look at each other and smile when 'Angel Baby' begins to play.

"I remember the first time I saw you-like actually stopped and stared at you, was when you were dancing to this song in my Mom's living room. Remember that?"

I laugh, "yeah. Your mom had told all of them that I could dance and they all forced me to get up and show them a few steps. I told them I could dance hip hop and not ballroom but they kept forcing me. Wasn't that also when Mrs. Leight asked you join me because I looked stupid dancing alone?"

He shakes his head, "it was my Mom. She saw me watching you and suggested I help you and then Mrs. Leight with her big mouth got involved".

I turn up the volume and sway to the beautiful melody, "Angel baby, my angel baby".

Nik parks the car at the restaurant and stops to watch me sing, "you know Skylar loves this song".

I look at him surprised, "Skylar? Really?"

He nods, "yeah, I sang it to her last night so she could sleep and she made me sing it over and over till she fell asleep. I don't know why but I feel like she's musically talented".

I smile, "really? We should put her in-"

"No. I know her well and I know if we put her in classes right now she'll hate it. Besides she's young, I'll buy her a guitar today and teach her the song when we get home".

I nod, "yeah you're right. She should fall in love with singing and then we'll get her into classes if she wants...maybe she could even audition for shows, plays and contests-"

Nikolai groans, "Felicity we aren't going to exploit her. And the last thing I want is for our daughter to turn into one of those disney kids who grow up to be messed".

I open my car door and he steps out of the car and gives me a dirty look because he always opens it for me.

"You're right but when she's older, we have to support her dreams".

Nikolai takes my hand as we walk in, "if her dreams are good then yes, I'll support them all the way".

The waitress seats us in a private table at the back of the restaurant and I offer the gawking customers a soft smile. Nikolai stops for a few pictures and signs an autograph for a guy.

"Dang it, I forgot to have them clear the place. I'm sorry baby".

He pulls my seat out and I sit down, "what? No, don't do that. I honestly don't care as long as paparazzi isn't following us and taking pictures while the kids are with us".