Chapter 9

"Alexandra wait" Pedro says before I step out of the SUV. He grabs something from the driver and hands it to me.

Its a very lovely black lace mask. "Thank you" I look up at him to see that he just placed one on aswell that matches his black and blue suit.

"Ready boss?" Haden asks from the front passenger seat. He was wearing a black and white suit with a mask like Pedro's.

"Ready" I reply and he gets out to open my door.

I step out and camera flashes almost blind me. Pedro comes over to my side as well as Haden who stands beside me. Another two guards who rode in the SUV behind us exit and stand behind me.

Out of every leader here, I have the most security which is not surprising. We are one of the most dangerous mafias out there, which means more people want to kill the leader, and in this moment, its me.

I walk on to the red carpet and my men follow my exact movements, not missing a beat.

I walk up the red carpet where paparazzi take pictures and ask questions, which we never answer.

As soon as the red carpet ends, the entrance is right in front of me. I walk in and the announcer rings a bell.

I love these introductions, it makes people know not to mess with me.

He clears his throat as everyone's eyes are on me and my guards. Haden and Pedro both take a small step forward, guarding my body.

"Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you, Miss Ortega" the announcer bows his head to me as my face stays on the crowd, emotionless.

I walk down the steps with my men a few feet away from me.

I walk over to the food table and two of my men scurry off, to get to the balconies that overlook the ballroom.

"Haden, can you go get me a whiskey on the rocks" I ask and he nods, walking away.

I turn to face Pedro who isn't even looking at me. His eyes search the room, looking out for threats considering he is the only one of my guards who has their eyes on me.

As soon as we hear that my two other guards reach the balcony, Pedro relaxes a little.

"Pedro, stop worrying, no one is gonna attack me in a room full of people" I roll my eyes. "I was hired to be your personal bodyguard Alexandra, and I will do my job" he replies as his eyes finally meet mine.

"Drama queen" I chuckle. "Excuse me!?" He raises his brows. "What?" I start walking away to the dance floor. "Alexandra, stop walking away" he demands but I ignore him. "Let loose a little Pedro" I giggle.

As I make it on the dance floor, I start dancing a little. Pedro's eyes did not leave me. That man needs more days off.

The announcer rings the bell and everyone stops moving and talking, Pedro rushes to my side. Big baby.

The announcer clears his throat, "Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you, Mr. Toretto."

Shit!

"We got to go, now!" I whisper to Pedro and he nods. He speaks in his earpiece and my men start making their way to me.

As I start making my way towards the entrance, I start feeling like im being watched.

I stop in my tracks which makes my men stop. I eye the room and my eyes land on three men making their way towards me.

My eyes scan them and I notice that they have their hands in the pockets. Guns.

"Pedro!" I shout. His eyes easily scan the room and find the men. "Get her out of here now!" Pedro orders Haden.

Haden grabs my hand and rushes me up the stairs where my eyes meet Antonio's as I run by.

I hear gunshots and I stop.

I turn around and everyone was on alert, no one interfered though. They all stood against the walls and watched as three men when shooting at Pedro and two of my guys.

I saw Pedro get shot in the shoulder and my eyes widen.

I take off my heels and grab Haden's gun that was in his waistband. I run back in the ballroom in a full sprint with Haden yelling at me to stop.

I shoot at the men and one of them gets one straight in the head.

I rush over to Pedro and help him up. "You shouldn't have came back" he says to me. "You're family" I smile at him. "Boys get him out of here, I'll deal with the men firing at us." I say to my two guards and they stop firing. The move from behind the pillar with Pedro who has his arms around their necks.

"Any chance you'd let me live?" I shout and they start firing in my direction again. "I'll take that as a no" I laugh.

Time to show people what Alexandra Valarie Ortega is capable of.

I run out from behind the pillar and shoot at them but miss. Shit!

I hide back behind the pillar and think. "How about you put your guns down and fight me like men" I shout as I throw my gun out towards them.

I hear two thuds and I look over to see that their guns are on the ground.

I step out from behind the pillar again and slowly walk towards them with everyone's eyes on me.

"You two just made the biggest mistakes of your life" I laugh.

They run towards me and I block one of their punches, but one of them lands one on me. I kick the man in the face but the other one tackles me to the ground.

He goes to punch my face but I block with my arms. I knee him where the sun do doesn't shine and he groans as I push him off me. I stand up and lung at the other man.

He kicks me in the stomach and I stumble a little but regain my stability. The man that was on the ground puts me in a chokehold but I flip him over my body and he lands on his back.

I rip a piece of fabric off my dress and wrap it around the wrists of the man about to punch me. His eyes widen and I spin around around him, making his arms bend behind his back. He screams out in pain and I elbow him right in the neck making him pass out.

The man on the ground stands up and gets into a fighting position. He's about to lung at me but a shot goes off and my eyes quickly scan the room to see Antonio holding a gun in his hand.

Haden runs down the steps and puts his body between me and Antonio who is still standing at the top of the entrance with two guards behind him.

I walk out from behind Haden and make my way up the stairs, Haden runs up to me and follows behind me. As I walk by Antonio, my eyes land on his. I bow my head and he does the same. I sprint out of the ballroom and get into the SUV with Haden.

"The house, and fast!" I order the driver and he speeds off to the house.

Hope you guys liked the chapter, vote and comment.