Chapter 28

Alessio's POV

When the paramedics got to Alexandra, they needed to get her to the hospital right away. They clearly knew who she was because they were very afraid of Pedro when he said to save her.

As Pedro went in the ambulance with her. Vlad and Leonard went in a car in front of the ambulance clearing the way for them. While the rest of us were in cars behind the ambulance.

As soon as we got to the hospital, everyone was making calls to the others who were unaware about what was going on. Antonio wouldn't let himself get checked out until he knew Alexandra was safe. But she was already being rushed into surgery. 

"Antonio we will make sure she is safe, let the doctors check you out" I asked him but he wasn't having it. "ANTONIO THAT IS A GODDAMN ORDER!" I pointed my finger in his face. "Stay out of my way" he pushed me and walked towards the surgery room Alexandra was in, and just looked into the window.

About 20 minutes later, my family aswell as some of Alexandra's guards were running in. Cadenza rushed over to Antonio and pulled him into a hug. He tried to comfort her and reassure he was alright but he was more concerned about Alexandra. "How is he?" My father asks me as he takes in how his son looks. "He's beat up badly but he will be fine, but he wont let the doctor examine him." I lean against the wall as I speak to my father. "I'll speak to him." he nods and walks away.

"Alessio!" Aspen runs over to me and engulfs me in a hug. "Hey baby" I chuckle. "I was so worried about you" Tears were starting to form in her eyes. "I'm ok" I cupped her face and planted a kiss on her forehead.

I kept hearing crying and I looked over to see Alexandra's mother balling her eyes out while her husband comforted her. Pedro couldn't even go near them, he felt like he failed them. Haden was telling the guards where to stand to keep Alexandra as safe as she could get in a hospital filled with thousands of people. Vlad and Leonard were doing their best to find out information about how Alexandra's surgery was going but even the doctors didn't know much yet. Cadenza, Gia and Teresa were all hugging Antonio like he was gonna somehow slip away from them. My mother was on the phone trying to fly in our personal doctor for Alexandra while father was talking with Demetrio, Matteo and Enzo saying who knows what. Vivian and Fiero went out to get food and drinks for everyone so everyone stayed healthy.

Hours had gone by and some of them had fallen asleep in the waiting room chairs but Antonio was still in the same place he was before, watching Alexandra through the window. Surgery wasn't over and the doctors had estimated it would be over within the next 2 hours.

"Pedro?" I walked over to him as soon as I placed Aspen down on the chair without waking her. "Hm?" he kept his eyes on the door to Alexandra's room. "What happened up there?" I asked. Only Alexandra, Antonio and Pedro knew what happened in that hallway. Alexandra couldn't talk and Antonio wasn't speaking to anyone.

"I didn't see much, Harvey stood in the way for me to see them. As soon as I heard a shot go off, I fired at Harvey." He explained. "I was lucky I got their on time to save at least one, but I was too late to save Alexandra..." he said with so much guilt and regret. "You did everything you could, its now up to the surgeons and doctors." I patted his shoulder and he nodded, but I knew he didn't agree with me.

"Antonio you should sleep." I spoke to him while his back was turned to me. He didn't speak, he just watched Alexandra. "Antonio please, at least let the doctor look at you, you don't even have to move." I pleaded with my brother but he wouldn't budge. I knew my brother, something was eating at him.

"You wont be able to be there for her when she wakes up if you get sick and die" I growl at him. "WE DONT KNOW IF SHE IS GONNA WAKE UP!" He turns around and yells in my face, waking the others up. "Son calm down" mother spoke, hoping her voice would sooth him but it didnt. "I was the one supposed to die, NOT HER!" He continued to shout. "What do you mean, he shot her." I continued to challenge his temper. "Just leave me be" he said, growing impatient with me. "Anto-" he looked up at me and punched me in the face, making me fall to the ground. 

"ANTONIO!" My father yelled, which sent shivers down everyone's spine. Father has never been able to affect Antonio, and today was no different. "Now go take a walk" father thought he had won, but he was so wrong. "Get out of my face before I put a bullet between your eyes." Antonio spat at him, making everyone go wide eyed.

Aspen made her way over to me with some tissues and wiped my bloody nose. I look at her and I could see the sadness in her eyes. It was in everyone's eyes.

"Antonio you're being selfish" I spoke, his attention turned to me and he was red as a tomato, so close to exploding. "You're not the only one hurt by this" I needed him to understand this. "Leave" he spoke calmly. Antonio only ever spoke calmly when he dealt with business. It meant he was trying to control himself from shooting them, that's one of the many things that made Antonio terrifying. 

"You aren't thinking straight" Cadenza tried to calm him down but it only made his temper grow, which wasn't good. "Antonio..." Teresa spoke with fear in her voice as she saw her brother. He looked down at her and it instantly calmed him down a little. He took a deep breathe and turned back towards the window, going silent.

This wasn't easy to write. Don't forget to comment and vote.