Chapter 22

It was him, aswell as my mother standing beside him.

The others had turned their attention to what I was looking at but they were all confused. "Voy a matarlos" I say to myself. (I'm gonna kill them)

I make my way to the foyer while the others followed, making sure I was ok. I ran outside towards my parents and punched my father right in the face. "Alexandra Valarie Ortega!" My mother says, flabbergasted at what I just did. I take a step towards her and slap her across the face.

"Alexa stop" my father tries to grab a hold of me but I elbow him in the face. "DONT TOUCH ME, and don't you dare call me that" I growl with so much anger. "I'm your father Niño" he says with so much sadness but I didn't care. (Child) "You lost the privilege of being my father the day you decided to leave me" I was tearing up and I couldn't help it. "I didn't want to but I did it for your own safety" He explained but I didn't want an explanation. 

"Safety!? You want to talk about safety! You both pushed me into this lifestyle, but you must be very proud. I succeeded I'm the jefa now so congratulations to me." I spit at him. "Alexan-" I cut him off "Just stop, stop with the excuses, you are no longer welcomed in my family" I shake my head in disappointment at him.

"Well its clear that you found a new family" My mother said with such disgust. "Don't you dare bring them into this. They are they only thing that make me feel goddamn normal in this stupid lifestyle" I argue. "You wanted to join our family lifestyle" She countered. "Because I was born into this family. Even if I wanted to be normal, I knew I could never be" I knew what I was saying was harsh but it was the truth. 

"I embraced it because I didn't have a choice, you never stopped for one goddamn second to ask me if I wanted this" My eyes were teary but she was fuming. "I was so stupid," she shock her head "Stupid for putting you in charge of our mafia, our family." She yelled straight to my face. 

"Wait, what!?" Antonio's voice cracked. I turned around and looked at him and he looked so defeated. "Kid, no hard feelings, but you were just a target to her" My mother continued with no regret. 

"Anto-" Cadenza cut me off, "Don't, you have done enough" she spat at me. I have never felt so guilty and hurt in my life.

"ARE YOU FUCKING PROUD OF ME NOW!?" I yell in my parents face. "Stay the hell away from me and Amelio, if you come near anyone I love, I will get my men to shoot your brains out without hesitation." I warn them. "They will never turn their back on us" my mother speaks up with so much power. 

"Oh they will, they are more scared of what I can do then you pricks. You wanted me to be ruthless, well be proud of me now." I slap my mother again. I grab my gun out of my purse and shoot her in the leg. "No te mereces el apellido Ortega" I growl at them. (You don't deserve the Ortega family name)

I turn around to see Demetrio, Enzo, Giovanni, Antonio, Cadenza, Alessio and Vivian with their guns all pointed at me while the others stood behind them.

It felt like I was just stabbed in the heart. I threw my gun on the ground and walked away, not caring if they shot me in the back.

...

It had been a year since I last saw my parents, and since I lost the only people I ever let in my life who weren't family.

We had all went back to Mexico and found a new house, one even more heavily guarded then our last, but it didn't feel like home.

I was engaged to Harvey Knox, the leader of the underground fighting in America. No I'm not marrying because I have feelings for him, I'm marrying him for one reason, alliance. Although he may not be the most powerful. If someone is hiding, he can find them. Its all about strategy in this business, and I'm making a big move.