Chapter 13

It had been days since the supposed sighting of my parents. Leonard and Vlad suggested we head home and leave some men here to continue the search but I'm not ready to give up, I would never give up, not on them.

Vlad had gone home to help Viktor with the search there, after all, Vlad is the tech genius between the brothers. Like you would never think that because of his stupidity but he really is.

On the bright side, Pedro pulled through, he is in recovery and is doing just fine.

Me on the other hand, I'm going crazy. You cant blame me though, my mother is missing and its possible that my father has been alive all this time. Its a great plot twist of my life.

"Jefa he's here" Haden says. I sigh and stand up and grab my coat off the coat rack. I make my way down to the lobby with Haden and I'm greeted with the sight of Uncle Dominico.

"Alexandra" he shoots me a smile. "Any news?" he asks but I shake my head in disappointment. "How much sleep have you gotten?" he hovers over me. "Enough to keep me awake" I say, placing my hands in my coat pockets.

"Your room has been paid for and you'll be staying just a few doors down from mine." I let him know and he nods. "Thank you" he sighs.

My phone rings and I notice its Talia's name on the screen. "One second, I have to take this" I tell him and walk away towards a quiet area.

"Talia" my voice squeaks. "Alexandra! Oh thank god" she says trying to catch her breath. "What's wrong?" I say getting worried. "The baby- water- ahhhhhhhh" HER WATER BROKE?! "I'm coming home, hang in there" I say quickly and hang up.

I dial Vlad's number and he quickly answers. "Vlad I need you to go find Talia now! Her water broke and she is in pain. I want you to stay with her until I get there." I speak fast and then hang up.

I rush over to where Dominico is and I notice Leonard is now there. "Haden get the jet ready, Leonard pack your stuff we are going home." I tell them and they rush to do what I told them. "Dominico I must go but I'll have Viktor out here within the day to help you search, I'm also leaving you my men, they are all at your disposal." I say and rush off.

...

I rush into the hospital ward of my house. I run down the halls and look through each room until I hear a yelling Talia down the hall. I run even faster until I reach her room.

I see doctors and nurses around her trying to calm her down, Vlad who is trying to make her laugh but to no avail. "Talia" My voice echoes throughout the room and everyone stopped talking.

I make my way to her bedside and she takes my hand.

She was in pain, I couldn't even imagine the amount. She was soaked in her own sweat, her legs and arms were trembling, Her grip on my hand had instantly tightened the second her contractions started up. 

I wanted to take the pain away from her, I just hoped that my presence alone would help her, even if it was only a little. "Vlad tell the doctors to find a way to get Pedro in here" I told him and he immediately left.

When Talia looked into my eyes it broke me, there is nothing that hurts more for me then seeing my family in pain. She may not be blood related but she is like a sister to me, she has always been there for me and I will always be here for her.

After a few short minutes Pedro was wheeled in on a wheelchair by Vlad. I could instantly see the light in Talia's eyes when she saw him. They truly are the best couple.

My phone rings and I look down to see that its Viktor. "One moment Talia" I say to her and walk outside the room with Vlad.

"Viktor speak quickly" I demand. "You have to down to the basement to see something" he says and I could hear the urgency in his voice. "I'll be there soon" I tell him and then hang  up.

"Stay here with them, I'll be back shortly" I say making my way out of the hospital ward and towards the basement.

My heart was racing, Viktor sounded off, more off then usual.

As I get down there I could see Leonard sitting down with his hands over his face. A lot of my men had looks of shock on their faces, which was weird.

"We found them" Viktor speaks up. He points towards the giant screen on the wall where everyone was looking. And as soon as I looked, my face looked exactly like everyone elses.

It was them... My parents...

I walked towards the screen to take a closer look and it was indeed them. Viktor un-paused the video and my eyes widened at what I was seeing.

They were running away from someone, and it was at the club. So Vlad did really see them.

My hands were shaking and my heart was racing. The two people I know and love were ok, but not for long. "I want every one of our men that are in New York looking for them, I want our allies on high alert aswell. Send this to Dominico" I order and no one dared to question me. 

At this moment I was fuming. I grieved him for years, but he was never dead. I didn't know what to feel, happy that he was alive or angry that he faked his death.

Lying to me is one thing I do not tolerate when it comes to family and people I hold close to me, that is why no one ever dared to. Even my enemies knew not to lie to me, or they would suffer the consequences. 

"Viktor get my car ready I'm going out, alone." I order and he nods his head as I leave the room.

Hey, don't forget to vote and comment.