Chapter 47

Gabriella

The next couple of days passed by like a whirlwind, and before I knew it, we were on our way back home today. I can't say for sure what kind of commotion our sudden departure caused at the engagement party, but I have a feeling it might still be ongoing due to our unexpected actions.

Nevertheless, those three days away felt worth it, especially when you're running away with the person you love, who understands the challenges we're facing.

We landed back in LA and hopped into the waiting Mercedes on the runway. Anthony took the wheel, and we made our way to my penthouse.

As we drove, I couldn't help but feel a bit anxious, twiddling my fingers together.

"Do you think they've realized we're back?" I asked tentatively, stealing a glance at him.

He glanced back at me briefly before focusing on the road.

"Probably. Why do you ask?" I shrugged, gazing down at our intertwined hands.

"Just thinking about everything that might have gone wrong after we left. I'm not sure what's going to happen now," I responded.

He squeezed my hand gently and brought it to his lips for a quick kiss.

"Don't worry too much about it, babe. Everything will be fine. One thing's for sure, no matter what they try, we'll find a way to be together. They've tried to pull us apart before, but this time, I won't let it happen again. My love for you is unshakable, and that's a promise."

His words comforted me, and I felt a sense of relief knowing he'd be by my side as we faced whatever challenges our parents might throw at us upon our return.

We pulled up at the apartment building entrance and entered the lobby. With his arm around me, Anthony led me to the elevator, our fingers intertwined.

Once the elevator doors opened on the penthouse floor, we stepped out into my luxurious living space. Anthony set down the duffel bags on the couch and turned to me, a small smile playing on his lips.

"I've got to head home too and see what's going on there. I'll call you tonight." he said, and I nodded, wrapping my arms around him.

"Sounds good. See you later." He planted a brief kiss on my lips before stepping back, still smiling, and re-entered the elevator.

I let out a heavy sigh as I carried the bags to my bedroom and started unpacking, arranging things around.

Midway through the unpacking process, I heard the elevator ding again. Puzzled, I placed the shirt I was holding on the bed and walked out of the room.

Why was he back so soon?

"Hey, did you forget something?" I inquired as I stepped out.

But as soon as my eyes met the newcomers, I froze in the doorway. It definitely wasn't Anthony this time.

"You're finally home. Glad we caught you this time," Dad said, a smile not quite reaching his eyes.

Mom stood beside him, arms crossed and a stern expression on her face.

"Have a seat, Gabriella. We need to talk," Dad continued, and I reluctantly moved to the couch, taking a seat while they did the same, facing me.

"So, care to tell us where you've been for the past three days?" Mom asked casually, and a realization hit me, prompting me to scoff.

"Frankly, Mom, I doubt it matters. Considering your ability, I'm pretty sure you had no trouble finding out where we went."

They exchanged a glance before turning back to me.