Chapter 20

Gabriella

"Find anything?" I asked Angelo, my skilled hacker in the Mafia. He shook his head, fingers dancing across the keyboard as he focused on the computer screen.

We'd been searching for Liana for two hours, but so far, nothing. Our current plan was to confront Anthony and make him return Liana. I had a strong suspicion he was behind her kidnapping as part of a revenge scheme to coerce me into relinquishing my title.

Two concerns weighed on me: Anthony and an anonymous group connected to those girls. They both want the Royal title, but one had a deadline by the end of the month, or my parents would be harmed.

A knock interrupted us. Angelo and I exchanged glances before turning our attention to the door. The knocks came urgently.

I opened the door and came face to face with Noah.

"What?" I snapped.

"Come with me. You need to see this," Noah said urgently, grabbing my hand and leading me down the hallway.

"Slow down! I'm wearing heels for fuck's sake!" I complained, but he paid no heed. He stopped in front of a massive window overlooking the estate.

"Look," he urged, and I pushed the curtains aside to see a sight that sent shivers down my spine.

The Black Army Mafia encircled the house, guns ready. They'd taken out my guards. At the forefront stood Anthony, rifle in hand.

"What's happening down there?!" I demanded of Noah.

"No idea. They're clearly here to plan an attack. Looks like the war is finally starting right now," Noah replied.

"Not on my watch." I stormed downstairs. My men were preparing to retaliate.

"Miss Antonio, the Black Army has us surrounded. Should we strike back?" Lee inquired.

"Not yet. I need to figure out their motive. You and Matteo come with me," I ordered. Lee handed me a concealed gun.

Matteo, Lee, and I ventured out. Anthony's group awaited us outside. He met my gaze with a cold glare. I quickly noticed that his other arm was surprisingly in a sling.

As we approached, Anthony's men raised their guns, and Lee and Matteo aimed at Anthony. Anthony's smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Why are you here?" I demanded.

"You know why," he retorted.

"Let me guess, you're here to fight on my property and force me into handing over my title? You're complicating matters," I said.

He drew closer, still glaring at me. "This has nothing to do with your fucking title. Release Tyson, or we're coming in to get him."

Confusion immediately struck me. Tyson wasn't here.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. His glare intensified.

"Don't play fucking mind games with me Merliah. Let Tyson go right now!"

"I don't have him! Are you that crazy? Tyson's not here!" I stated.

He pounded the gate, his men raising their guns. My men aimed back. The standoff intensified. Noah and Marco joined, guns at the ready.

Between Lee and Matteo, I stepped forward, locking eyes with Anthony.

"We don't have Tyson. Now order your men to back the fuck off and leave before things escalate."

"I know you're holding him captive in there!" He accused me, his anger evident.

"I am not. Search the house if you're so confident then!"

Before he could talk, an explosive bang erupted, followed by a blast that sent us to the ground.

My head had hit the pavement and when I turned around, the house was engulfed in flames.

To my surprise, Anthony suddenly appeared by my side, grabbing onto my arms and pulling me up to my feet. I stared at him with confusion.

"Are you okay?" he asked genuinely. His eyes searching my face.

"Checking the house is out of the question now. It's ruined." He continued and I turned my gaze toward the house in flames.

The burning mansion, my childhood home, was gone. Pain gripped my heart and fury surged through my veins; he did this. He fucking destroyed my house.

He's really done it this time.