Chapter 46

Kellan

Conner told me to meet them at Krystal's Bowling alley. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from tonight. I  think that we all got along for the most part but this would be our first time hanging out with Vanessa. Dante and I pulled into the parking lot at the same time.

"Hey, man. How's it going?"

I clapped him on his shoulder.

"I'm good."

As we entered the bowling alley I spotted Conner.

"You guys made it!"

Logan strode to the table with drinks in his hands.

"Whose ready to get their ass kicked?"

Dante scoffed. "Your on!"

Tristan clapped his hands together. "Okay, we'll split into teams."

"Teams? One of the teams will be uneven."

"I assume that's why I was called."

I looked to my left to see Kris looking less than thrilled to be here.

Tristan threw a French fire at him.

"You could at least pretend to be glad to be here."

Kris narrowed his eyes. "Maybe if I wasn't led here under false pretenses, I wouldn't be so moody."

Logan rolled his eyes. "You wouldn't have come if we didn't say that Adriana was here."

"This is true."

Conner smiled and clapped Kris on the back. "Let loose for a bit. You know you enjoy our company more than you'd like to admit."

Kris shook his head and let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, whatever."

We eventually split up with Tristan, Kris, and I on one team and Logan, Conner, and Dante on the other.

"Y'all ready to lose?"

I raised an eyebrow and smiled. "I don't know about them, but I'm pretty confident in my skills."

"Well, you're up first. Let's see what you got."

I picked out my bowling ball and rolled my shoulders before aiming and rolling. I smiled when I got a strike. We were originally gonna do the best two out of three, but when we hit a tie Conner suggested we take a break. Of course, no one was against the idea. I think we were all playing a little harder than necessary for bowling. It doesn't help that we're all competitive by nature. Even Kris had gotten serious at some point. Conner took a sip of his drink before addressing me.

"So you're heading to Germany with Princess soon, right?"

I nodded. "I'm excited for the trip in general, but I'm nervous as hell to meet her dad."

Conner laughed. "You'll be fine. He's really chill."

"Anything I should know?"

"About her dad? Not much. Like I said he's really chill. As for dealing with Adri on the trip - she hasn't been to Germany yet. She's going to try and explore everything she can as soon as you guys get there. Make her take her ass to bed. She likes to pretend that jet lag doesn't completely fuck her shit up."

"Noted."

"You wanna take a smoke break with me?"

I smirked. "As long as  you don't tell Adri that I did."

Conner chuckled. "You don't have to worry about that. She would have a fit if she knew that I was still smoking. Did she make you quit too?"

I shook my head. "Not with words. I noticed the way she scrunched up her face whenever I smoked around her. I've been trying to cut back."

Conner nodded as we made it outside. " Honestly, this is the first time in a while that I had the urge."

 I leaned in as Conner lit my cig.

"I actually wanted to talk to you."

"Go for it."

"I just need you to know that there's really no room for you to fuck up."

I exhaled and glanced at him. "What do you mean?"

"I'll start by saying that I genuinely do like you, but none of us are completely comfortable with you dating, Princess."

"That's fair. I'm not exactly the poster child for good behavior and my brother fucked her over. I can see why you guys would be wary of me. I love Adriana. I can promise you that."

Conner smiled. "Good. I think it's pretty safe to say that the feelings are mutual."

"I actually have something to talk to you about as well."

"What's up?"

"Do I have to worry about you?"

"Worry about me?"

I gave Conner a knowing look. "I'm in love with Adri. I know what being in love with her looks like."

Conner laughed and shook his head.

"I know my place. She's my princess, of course, I love her. All I want is for her to be happy and so far you've been able to do that. I meant it when I said that I like you. I don't have any complaints."

"Thanks for being honest with me."

Conner lightly punched my shoulder. "Welcome to the family, Prewitt."

We both laughed and put our smokes out before returning to the group. Tristan glanced at Conner.

"You good?"

Conner nodded and they bumped fists. I relaxed my shoulders. That conversation went much better than I thought it would have. I had also become fond of Adriana's friend group and the last thing that I wanted to do was butt heads with Conner.