Chapter 20

Adriana

I laughed incredulously. Who would have thought that this would be how I spend prom. I couldn't help but smile when I thought about Kellan and how great he's been. I grabbed my iPod and speaker before making my way back downstairs. I handed Kellan my iPod and watched as he scanned my music. I giggled when Face by Woosung came on.

"Are you really going to let me dance by myself?"

I shrugged and joined in with him. We danced, sung, and laughed until we collapsed in a fit of laughter. Then painkiller by Ruel came on. Kellan grabbed my hand and began to sing as we slow danced. The moment was honestly kind perfect. He definitely felt like my own personal painkiller in human form. I was so caught up in the moment that I almost didn't notice when the song went off.

Kellan took a deep breath.

"Okay, now we have to take pictures!"′

I giggled as Kellan snatched my phone and made me pose for pictures. We even took a couple of selfies. We ended up taking well over a dozen pictures. I went to plop down on the couch when Kellan grabbed my arm and dragged me away.

"Why?" I whined.

"One more dance."

"I didn't know you liked to dance."

Kellan shrugged and smiled. "From time to time."

"I guess I don't know too much about you," I added.

Kellan chuckled. "That could always change."

Make You Feel My Love by Adele came on. Time slowed as we glided across our make-shift dance floor. When the song came to an end, Kellan pulled me into a tight hug.

"Prom wasn't a total bust, right?"

I chuckled. "No. Thank you."

We both stepped back and looked on at each other in silence before Kellan spoke.

"Why don't you get some sleep. You had a long day."

I chuckled. "A bit of an understatement, but you're right. I am kind of worn out. "

"I'll see you on Monday, okay?"

"Sure. See you."

I watched as Kellan let himself out and sighed. Fatigue hit me like a train. I honestly didn't think it was possible to get this tired. I plucked my shoes off and trudged upstairs. I shuffled to the bathroom and halted my steps. I was too freaking tired. I turned around and walked into my room. I slipped off my dress and hung it up before plopping onto my bed and letting sleep consume me.