Chapter 28

Adriana

The next day I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. Andrea doesn't cook so that meant that mom was home, which also meant we would be going on one of her random trips. I sent a quick text to everyone saying that I wouldn't be at school. My stomach grumbled, and I finally decided to make my way to the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes as I slid onto a stool.

"Hi, mom."

She paused to look at me, "Hi Adriana." was her response, but it sounded more like a question.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. She wasn't here to see my 'transformation' so she was probably having trouble telling what twin I was. She wouldn't have a problem telling us apart if she spent time with us. Unlike my father, she didn't have much of a reason for not being around. Plus, she wasn't as attentive as a dad. No matter how long dad was away from us, he could always tell us apart.

"Where to today?"

"I was thinking about a simple Spa day."

"Sounds fun," I said, fixing plates.

Andrea finally trudged downstairs, actually looking disheveled for once. Her hair was disarray and appeared to be knotted. She kind of looked like she hadn't slept in days. Andrea paused, and her face brightened considerably when she saw mom.

"Hi, mommy!"

"Hey, sweetheart. Rough night?"

Andrea merely shrugged before shoving a piece of toast in her mouth. I couldn't help the giggle that passed my lips. Andrea instantly narrowed her eyes at me.

"What?"

I shrugged. "It's just amusing when the 'princess' eats like a pig. I wonder what your loyal followers would think."

"Behave. The both of you."

I gasped suddenly. "I forgot to call dad!"

"I take it your car arrived?"

I nodded happily.

"A car? Why didn't I get a car? You already have one."

I rolled my eyes. "One, You have one too, and you don't even use it. Two, you don't like cars like I do. Three, Dad got you those fashion tickets you've been dying to get."

"I would have liked a car too."

"Don't be ungrateful. You got what you wanted. Do you realize how hard it is to get those tickets?"

Andrea rolled her eyes. "As if you would know."

I shook my head at her.

"I'm going to call dad," I said, putting my plate in the sink.

"Get ready while you're up there!" mom yelled up to me.

I dialed my dad's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey, peanut. How are you doing?"

"Hi, daddy! I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm fine, baby. I miss you. Did you like your gift?"

I sniffed. ''I miss you too! You know I'm in love with my car."

My dad chuckled. "I'm happy. Did you think about what I said?"

"Yeah! I would love to come and see you."

"If you think you can keep up with your school work we can set it up for next week."

I jumped off my bed and did a little jig around my room.

"Done! No problem!"

"You should ask your sister if she wants to come."

"Dad!"

He chuckled again."Don't be mean."

"But it'll be more fun with just the two of us! Besides, I think we all know I'm your favorite." I joked.

My dad let out a hearty laugh. " I love you both equally."

"Dad."

He feigned a dramatic sigh. "Okay, I may like you a smidge more."

I laughed and started picking out what I was going to wear for our spa day.

"Knew it!" I sang.

"Still invite your sister!"

I huffed. "Fine."

"So, what's new??"

"I have so much to tell you, but I want to tell you in person."

"I know peanut. I miss your voice." My dad said his voice thick with emotion.

I sniffed a little and sighed. " I really hate to cut our conversation, but mom has one of her spontaneous trips planned."

Dad cleared his throat and laughed. "You're dreading it, aren't you?"

"Pretty much. I mean, I've learned to appreciate being pampered every now and then but spa days were never really my thing."

"Okay, I'll let you go. Bye, peanut."

"Bye, daddy."

"Peanut!" He called out.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"Love you too, dad."

Ten minutes later, I was dressed and ready to go. I walked downstairs and found my mom on the couch watching Tv.

"I guess we're waiting for the 'Princess.'"

My mom sighed. "I really wish you two would get along, but yes, we are."

I rolled my eyes. I took up a lot of time talking to dad so she should be dressed by now.

"Come on, Andy!" It doesn't take that long to get ready!." I yelled.

"Don't call me that!" she hissed as she came downstairs.

"Look, mom! The 'Princess' finally graced us with her presence!"

Mom sighed again and made her way out to the car. I went to follow after her when Andrea grabbed my arm; a fire in her eyes. I narrowed my eyes.

"Is there a problem?"

"Cut the 'Princess' bullshit. I think we both know I'm the Queen."

I let out a giggle. "How cute."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh sweetie, you didn't know? That throne of yours that you held so dear; It's mine now. I'm truly going to enjoy watching everything you thought you knew fall apart. I no longer feel inferior to you, and if you think that I'm going to let you walk all over me, then you have another thing coming."

I snatched my arm from her grasp and stomped my way to the car. Did she really think she would have a hold on me forever? Andrea would soon find out what little power she had.