Chapter 48

I woke up to a kiss on my forehead. 

"Hey, sleepyhead." Kellan kissed me again.

"What time is it?"

"Just turned six. They're going to be serving dinner soon. The flight attendant gave us menu cards to look at."

I lean into him and look over the menu card.

"I'll eat whatever you eat."

He smiled and ordered for us when the attendant came back around. We ended up getting noodles with chicken and vegetables. It came with chocolate cake and dried fruit and it actually wasn't too bad. Kellan and I spent the rest of the flight talking and watching movies. By the time the plane landed, we had both knocked out. A small smile graced my face as I watched Kellan sleep. He was stunning, even in his sleep. It was kind of ridiculous. I leaned towards Kellan and peppered kisses across his face. Kellan awoke with a boyish smile on his face. It made me want to kiss him so I did.

"Did waking up to kisses make you as happy as it made me?"

My smile grew and I nodded before kissing him again.

"Did we land, yet?"

"Yeah, just did. Kellan Prewitt, you are officially in Germany."

Kellan beamed at me before standing up and getting our bags down from the overhead. As we stepped off the airplane a gust of cold air hit us and I shivered.

"We're definitely going to have to pull out our heavier jackets."

Kellan nodded. "Your dad wasn't joking about the cold."

"Let's grab something warm to drink."

We ended up getting a vanilla chai from Dunkin'. It really helped take the chill off. We went to baggage claim and I immediately spotted my dad. Kellan laughed at me as I let out a tiny squeal before running into my father's arms.

"I missed you!"

Dad laughed and I relaxed as I felt the deep rumble in his chest.

"I missed you too, peanut."

I took a step back and introduced Kellan. Kellan shook my father's hand and shot him a pretty smile.

"It's nice to finally meet you, sir."

"Likewise. I've heard quite a lot about you."

I felt my cheeks heat up as Kellan smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. It wasn't like he didn't know I was crazy about him. I suppose there wasn't a point in being embarrassed about it now. It didn't take a long time before our luggage came around on the conveyor belt.

"Let's get you guys home. You had a pretty long flight."

I pouted. "Can we at least visit a shop before-"

"No." Kellan and my father replied in unison.

I narrowed my eyes when dad clapped Kellan on his shoulder. They hadn't even been in each other's presence for more than ten minutes and I could already tell that they were going to get along just fine. I worried for nothing. I shivered as soon as we stepped out of the airport. We would definitely have to go out and get some scarves and gloves. I was definitely grateful for the heavier jacket. Kellan ended up sitting in the passenger seat while I sat in the back with our bags. I smiled as he and my father talked to one another.  Their conversation slowly faded from my ears as I gazed out the window.

"... Adriana."

"Huh?"

Dad snorted. "Nice to know you pay attention to me when I talk."