Chapter 21

Kyle

Shit! I really fucked up. I've been around Adriana for weeks now. Why couldn't I tell the difference?! Andrea put her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What?"

"Don't you realize how much you hurt your sister, your twin?!"

Andrea chuckled. "Uh-uh, sweetie. You're the who hurt her. You're the one who couldn't tell the difference. And her face- that was perfect."

I clenched my jaw and stormed out. I sped out of the school and cursed. Adriana was never going to talk to me again! I thought about stopping by her house but stopped myself and headed on home. Just as I walked in the door, Kellan walked into the living room, a beer in hand. He glared at me, and I rolled my eyes.

"What? Are you going to punch me again?"

"I don't know. I'm still thinking about it."

I reached the staircase before pausing.

"How'd you know?"

"What?"

"How'd you tell them apart?"

Kellan shrugged. "I always could."

I licked my chapped lips and nodded my head before heading up the staircase. I stopped halfway through and stopped.

"I fell in love with her," I stated truthfully.

Kellan scoffed and turned towards me.

"Obviously not enough"

I almost wanted to protest. I honestly did fall in love with her and who was he to tell me that I didn't love her enough. How was I to explain how I couldn't tell them apart. Kellan shook his head and stalked to the basement. I stood there for a moment, lost in my thoughts before I finally made my way to my room. I let out a humorless laugh. The one time I actually care about a girl and I managed to royally fuck up.