Chapter 14

Adriana

I knocked on Ms. Carson's door and waited for a reply.

"Come in!" She called out.

"Adriana?" Ms. Carson looked puzzled.

"Why aren't you enjoying yourself at the pep rally?"

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Tom said that you called for me. I figured that there was something else that you needed done."

"Honey, no. He must have been mistaken. I'm not cruel enough to monopolize all of your time. You've helped me enough as it is."

My eyes widened in realization.

"Who would put him up to that?"

And why?

"Do you need me to talk to the principal?" Ms. Carson asked with concern.

I shook my head "No, it's fine. I'll see you next week."

"Tomorrow, actually."

"Chaperoning?"

She nodded and looked up at me

"And you have time for that?" I asked, addressing the giant stack of papers in front of her.

Ms. Carson laughed. "Hell no! But I'll get it done somehow."

"Well, see you tomorrow."

I closed her door behind me and took off in a sprint. I was upset that someone's stupid prank ruined my confession. When I reach the hall, Kyle and I were previously in; he was nowhere to be found. I sighed and texted him to come over to my house later. I wanted to tell him today. I was tired of running away, scared. I got home and holed myself up in my room watching old Disney movies wondering when Kyle would come. I knew Andrea was back when I heard the front door slam. The doorbell rang, and I huffed. Kyle always texts me when he's on his way. It was probably one of Andrea's stupid friends.