Chapter 41

When we got to the house, Sarah was still sound asleep, so I told the guys to get comfortable while I got her up.

"Sarah get up."

Sarah made an unintelligible noise before turning over on her side.

"Sarah."

"No," she let out in a low moan.

"But I'm making breakfast."

Sarah shot up.

"I'm up."

I chuckled and shook my head. Food was literally always the answer when it came to Sarah.

Sarah jumped out of bed and made for the door.

"Hold it!"

Sarah jumped startled and turned around.

"What?"

"There are several hot guys downstairs. Might want to brush your teeth and hair."

"Are they booty shorts hot or are my sweatpants okay?"

I laughed and shrugged. " I mean you look hot either way, but they are definitely booty shorts hot."

"Booty shorts it is. Thanks for the heads up."

I headed to the kitchen to start cooking.

"Babe, do you need my help?" Kellan called to me from the living room.

I was about to answer when I heard Sarah's voice.

"It's better just to let Adri do her own thing. She gets in the zone when she's cooking, and it gets hard to keep up with her."

"Sarah?"

"Yeah?"

"Should I go all out."

"Ooh! Yes, please!"

Okay, I am cooking for five people.

"Logan said that the boys are coming over!"

Shit. I was cooking for eight people. I got this.

"Tell him to stop by the store and get eggs, milk, sausage, and orange juice."

"Okay!"

I heard the boys before I saw them.

"Took you guys long enough! I'm hungry." I heard Sarah yell.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. Stop pinching me!" I hear Conner yell.

Logan placed the groceries on the counter before kissing me on my forehead.

"Hey, babe. How are you?"

I smiled up at him. "I'm good. Missed the hell out of you guys."

Tristan pushed Logan out of the way and laid his chin on my shoulder.

"It's been a while since you've cooked for us."

I chuckled I could practically hear the pout in his voice.

"I know, I know. I'll try and cook more. I promise."

"Good morning, princess," Conner said, finally walking into the kitchen.

"Morning, Bubba."

"Need help?"

I shook my head. "No, don't worry. about it."

Conner rolled his eyes. "You're cooking for eight people. You could use some help."

I huffed. "Fine."

I pulled out a cutting board and knife for Conner while he pulled out the onions and peppers.

I smiled as he started chopping and dicing them skillfully. It had been a while since we had cooked together like this. Cooking was actually how we met each other. I think we were ten and it was around the time when my mom still put the same amount of time and energy in me as she did Andrea. Mom took me to a cooking class in the neighborhood. I giggled as I remembered an angry Conner trudging into the room behind his mother. He did not attempt to hide his disdain. I was shocked when we were paired together. Conner walked up to me and flashed me a megawatt smile. We were friends ever since. Our moms would schedule playdates, and we go over to each other's houses and cook. He's also how I met Tristan and Logan.