Chapter 43

When I stumbled into the kitchen, Kendall spotted me.

"What can I do for you?" He said with a smile.

"A bottle of water would be lovely."

He chuckled, "Coming right up."

After scrummaging through the fridge, Ken pulled out a water bottle and tossed it to me.

"Thank you kindly, sir."

Ken chuckled, "Your welcome. Do you need anything else?"

"Nah, I'm good. I do think I'm going to help myself to one of your rooms, though."

"Yeah, no problem. I'll walk you up to one."

Kendall showed me to one of the rooms and told me to come to get him if I needed anything else.

"Thank you again, Ken."

Kendall smiled. "No problem. I'll see you around later."

I nodded and closed the door behind me. I slipped my heels off before stretching. I felt arms hover above my wait and spun around; a scream stuck in my throat. I stared in disbelief when I realized that it was Kyle.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"I just wanted to- to hold you."

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe just a little." Kyle giggled.

"Okay, it's time for you to go now," I said, pushing at Kyle's chest.

Kyle shook his head. "I don't think that I want to leave."

I sighed, running a hand over my face. "And what exactly do you want, Kyle."

Kyle pointed to the bed. "I want to lay on the bed."

"It's all yours," I said, grabbing my heels and heading towards the door.

Kyle grabbed my arm before I could make it past him. "No. I want to lay on the bed with you."

I let out a dry chuckle. "That's not going to happen."

Kyle pulled me to him and started kissing down my neck while his hand gripped my thigh.

"Are out of your damn mind?! Let go of me!"

"Do you really want me to?" Kyle asked against my neck.

"Yes! Because not only am I going to kick your ass if you don't but so is Kellan."

Kyle let out a ragged sigh and let me go before flopping onto the bed. Kyle put his hands in his face, and his body began shaking.

"Are you...crying?" I asked in shock.

Kyle let out a wet laugh. "Pretty pathetic, huh?"

"Why?"

Kyle looked up at me and ran his fingers through his hair. "Because I realized how much I fucked up. Because I want you and I can't have you. Because I see how happy my brother makes you and I fucked up the one chance I had to be that for you. It hurts."

I balled my fist. "You do realize that-"

"I know. That's why it's so frustrating. It hurts, but I have no right to be upset. It just feels like I missed my one chance to be happy."

"Kyle... this doesn't mean you won't be happy. Sure you fucked up this time around, but there will be a girl out there that will be that shining light for you."

Kyle smiled and stood up to hug me. "You're entirely too nice. Thank you."

"Yeah, I know. Just do me a favor."

"What?"

"Don't try and find that light in my sister. She'll only drown you in darkness."

Kyle chuckled. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure she just wants me as a trophy anyway. Plus, she may look like you, but she's a pretty bad substitute for the original."

I laughed and shook my head. "Don't let her hear that."

Just as we were about to pull apart, the door swung open, revealing Kellan. The smile on his face disappeared.

"What the hell is going on?"

Oh no.

I chuckled. "Babe, calm-"

Kyle stepped up with a smirk on his face. "You have eyes. What did it look like? I was embracing Adriana."

I facepalmed. Fucking idiot. Before anyone could react, Kellan's fist connected with Kyle's jaw.

I rolled my eyes, and Kellan cocked his arm back for another punch.

"Kellan!" I yelled.

His eyes shot up to me.

"He's just a dick nothing happened. It was just a hug."

Kyle palmed his injured cheek and chuckled before winking at me. "I just couldn't resist."

I narrowed my eyes and flipped him off. "I hope that bruises."

Kyle chuckled before exiting the room.

Kellan turned to me. "Since when were you guys so chummy?"

"We're not. We just talked."

"About?"

"How he fucked up. But we could go into detail about the conversation now, or we can save it for later, and you can lock that door and take me to bed."

Kellan smirked and locked the door behind him.

"I'd much rather take you to bed," he said before pulling me into a tantalizing kiss.

I giggled as Kellan playfully threw me onto the bed.

"Good choice."