Chapter 4

As soon as the bell rung, I raced out of the classroom and shoved all of my stuff in my locker. I think Kyle's locker was near the Senior parking lot. When I finally spotted him, I called out him. He looked up from his locker and glanced at me before returning to his locker. I stopped in front of his locker and tapped him on the shoulder. He glanced at me again and rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?"

I blanched. Why were his actions so different from earlier? I didn't think I did anything to make him this annoyed with me.

"I thought we would hang out today?"

I tilted my head in confusion and bit my lip. Had he forgotten?

"Look, Andrea, I told you no already."

That explains it. He thought I was Andrea. Ouch. I thought he could tell the difference.

"Shit. You're not Andrea, are you?"

I shook my head still looking down.

"I'm so sorry Adriana! You guys look so much alike and I still have a bit of trouble telling you guys apart. I'm sorry I snapped on you like that."

I nodded and looked across the hall.

He sighed and turned my head towards him so that I was looking at him.

"Do you still want to hang out?" He asked, shooting me a small smile.

It was kind of hard to say no to that smile, but I was still hurt, so I didn't answer right away.

"Please?"

I finally broke out into a small smile and nodded.

"Yeah, I still want to hang out."

Kyle drove us to his house, and a few of his friends were already there watching tv. I noticed a couple of faces, like Lily and Anna.

"How did they get into your house?" I whispered to Kyle

Kyle laughed "My brother let them in."

I vaguely remembered Kellan. If my memory was correct, then he was just as attractive as his brother. I think they grew apart like Andrea and I did. You hardly ever saw the two together. There were a couple of rumors that he was a delinquent whether they were true or not I wouldn't know.

Everyone greeted me and we all dispersed into our own little conversations before Kyle suggested we go down to the basement. It was a cute little set up with an L shaped sofa, two love seats, and a plasma tv. Kyle sat next to me in one of the love seats and put his arm around me. Kyle was talking to the boys about some soccer game and I was starting to feel uncomfortable. I felt out of place. A girl I haven't met before came and started a conversation with me. I smiled at her gratefully. I found out that her name was Madison. It turned out that we actually had quite a few things in common. I excused myself to go get some water, but Kyle grabbed my hand and gave me a questioning glance. I leaned forward.

"Getting a drink of water," I whispered.

Kyle smiled and nodded before releasing my hand. I made my way to the kitchen and searched the fridge for a bottle of water. I thought all hope was lost until I saw a bottle in the very back of the fridge. I stretched my arm out to grab it, but I couldn't quite get my hand on it. I leaned in and stretched as far as I could. Curse my short arms!

"Did you lose something?"

A deep voice sounded behind me, causing me to jump and slam my head into the fridge. I heard them chuckle and pouted. Why do people like laughing at my misfortune? I turned, and as soon as my eyes locked on him, I knew who he was. Kellan. He seriously was just as gorgeous as his brother. His hair was a shade darker than Kyle's, and instead of green, he had intense blue eyes. He looked slightly more built than Kyle. When I was done checking him out, I blushed deeply. I probably look ridiculous with half my body in the fridge and my ass sticking the air.

I cleared my throat, "I was trying to get the bottle of water."

He raised an eyebrow, his eyes glittering with amusement.

"Do you need some help?"

It was at that moment that I had finally grasped the top of the bottle. I snatched it out before I could lose my grasp on it. I stood up slowly and smoothed out my skirt.

"Sorry. That was... awkward."

Kellan chuckled again and shrugged.

"You call it awkward; I call it cute and amusing."

I blushed again.

"I don't know if you remember me-"

"I remember who you are Adriana."

I was astonished. People usually automatically said Andrea, or they give up and say 'You're one of the Levant twins, right?'

"Why do you looked so shocked?"

"People usually have a hard time telling my sister and me apart."

"Really? But you guys are so different from each other."

I beamed at him "I don't want to make this weird, but you kind of just made me happy."

Kellan flashed me a smile, "Having a twin seems like it would be hard."

"You have no idea. Especially when you have a twin like mine."

We both chuckled. Kellan looked like he was about to say something when Kyle interrupted him.

"Adriana! You took a while, so I came to check on you. You okay?"

"Yup. Might have embarrassed myself though."

Kellan chuckled "See you around Adri."

And then he was gone. "I didn't know you and my brother talked."

I shrugged, "It's been a while since we've talked actually."

"Really? You guys seemed pretty close to me."

I glanced at him oddly. Why was he acting so weird? Kyle interrupted my thought and dragged me back to the love seat with him. The rest of the night was surprisingly fun, and I was almost sad when Kyle took me home. From that day on, we would pick days out to hang out sometimes with his friends, sometimes with mine. I always looked forward to the time we spent at his house. Occasionally he would send everyone home early, and we would just sit there and talk. I also looked forward to the short conversations I had with Kellan. Although our conversations were short, we have gotten a bit closer.

One day Sarah and I were walking down the hall when she stopped me.

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

Sarah rolled her eyes, "You and Kyle hang out at least once a week. Why aren't you guys going out yet?"

"He hasn't asked me." I shrugged.

Sarah face palmed, "He doesn't have to! Confess to him, and then you can take the lead and ask him out!"

"I don't know."

I knew she was right, but I so used to people preferring my sister over me that I was scared. I took a deep breath. Sarah was right. Well, it looks like I'll be confessing to Kyle. Shit. I hope I don't fuck this up.

Vote. Comment. Enjoy.