Chapter 23

Adriana

I woke to a loud banging on our front door. I groaned and rolled myself out of bed. I nearly face planted stumbling down the stairs, but I finally made it to the door. I opened the door and ran a hand over my face.

"Hello," I mumbled.

"Oh, honey."

I looked and noticed Sarah and the boys.

"I'm so sorry."

I groaned. "How'd you find out? Was everyone talking about it?"

"No. Kellan called and told me."

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Why does he have your number?"

Sarah chuckled and held her hands up.

"He got it from Jordan. I'm not moving in on your man."

Oh. I forgot that they have mutual friends.

I sighed. "He's not even my man."

"Yet."

"So... guess what we brought," Logan said

"Oh, please tell me it's ice-cream!"

"It is, and you have a couple of flavors-"

"Is there rainbow sherbet?"

He nodded, stifling a laugh.

"Gimme please." Conner chuckled and handed me a carton and a spoon.

"Share?" He asked.

I looked down at my ice cream. Did I really want to share my ice cream? I could just be a selfish pig and eat it all by myself. I sighed.

"Yeah, I'll share."

"Why did that seem like one of the hardest decisions you've ever had to make?"

"It kinda was."

They all chuckled and got their spoons. I didn't see what was so funny. I wasn't joking. Tristan sat down next to me and nudged me.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, not really."

"Will you do it anyway?"

I sighed. "I guess."

I told them everything from when they left my house, to when Kellan stormed into the gym, to us dancing the night away. And although I was a tad reluctant to admit it, talking about it actually made me feel a bit better. Now that I was over the initial sadness, I could properly vent my anger.

"What kind of asshole does that?!"

Sarah and the boys comforted me until I got it all out of my system and finally began to calm down.

"Do I have to go to school tomorrow?"

"Yes." They all said simultaneously.

"Why?" I whined.

"Because you're not going to stop your life just because of that asshat," Conner said.

"He's right," Sarah said.

"How am I supposed to show my face after something like that? Everyone s going to be talking about it."

Logan shrugged. "Then let them. Chances are that they don't even know what happened besides the bits and pieces they heard from your confrontation with Kyle. It's probably exaggerated rumors and speculations."

"Not only that, but you finally have the spotlight. When you decided to go through with this you said this would be would be starting a war with Andrea, so do what she'll least expect." Tristan chimed in.

I raised an eyebrow. "And what is that?"

"Fight back. Continue being your sexy, confident self, and don't hold back."

I smiled genuinely grateful to everyone in the room.

"I love you guys."

They all smiled and glanced at each other before jumping on top of me.

"Guys!"