Chapter 33

After we got our luggage, it was a pretty long drive to Chiang Rai. I gasped when we pulled up to the house. To be honest, I expected the house to be small and reserved, but it had an elegant feel to it. The house was surrounded by gorgeous flowers and plants. It was beautiful.

"You like it?" Dad asked, guiding us to the house.

"Love it."

Andrea tries to hide her awe but nods anyway.

"Go wash up and get comfortable. Your rooms are upstairs. Doesn't matter who has which."
Andre plopped on the stairs. " I call the biggest room." She said, typing furiously into her phone.

I walked up to the stairs and deliberately chose the bigger room to unpack in. You snooze, you lose. As I was putting clothes in my temporary closet, I heard Andrea coming up the stairs and quickly locked my door. I stifled a giggle as Andrea tried the door.

"Seriously?"

I took a quick shower so I could head downstairs. As soon as I opened my door, Andrea's head popped out of hers.

"Is your room bigger than mine?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

"Nope," I said, jogging downstairs.

I plopped down on the couch and snuggled into his side. He looked down and smiled at me.

"I hope you guys didn't expect too much. I ordered a pizza."

I shrugged. "You know I don't mind."

I glanced at Andrea as she walked in. She rolled her eyes and turned towards dad.

"Pizza is fine."

The conversation throughout dinner was pretty lax. The only thing I could complain about was how uninterested Andrea looked. I know for a fact that she missed dad, so I couldn't understand why she was acting this way. Was she too cool to hang out with our dad?

Dad wiped his mouth with his napkin and clapped his hands.

"Okay, where do you guys want to go first?"

" I looked at the pamphlet you gave us, and I wouldn't mind going to Wat Rong Khun or Doi Tung."

"What?" Andrea asked.

Dad smiled big glad that she was finally taking an interest in our conversation.

"Wat Rong Khun is a popular temple in Chiang Rai; magnificent architecture. Doi Tung is a garden. Would you like to go?"

"Yeah, that sounds nice."

Dad smiled at both of us.

"Alright, I'll make the arrangements. Get some rest." Dad said, kissing our foreheads.

The next morning, I woke up bright and early my excitement fueling me. I threw on shorts and a blouse. I figured a simple outfit would be fine for what was on the agenda. I made my way to the kitchen and found dad making omelets and hash browns. I sighed.

"I've missed your cooking."

Dad chuckled. "I missed cooking for you."

I watched quietly as dad hummed around the kitchen. Andrea stumbled in and sat on the other side of the island before yawning.

"Hey, sleepyhead." Dad greeted

"Morning, daddy."

"Orange juice?" Dad asked us

Andrea and I both smiled.

"Yes, please!" We said in unison.

Andrea sent me a nasty glare before focusing on her breakfast. I took a bite out of my omelet and nearly melted at the taste. I was so busy eating my food that I could only nod my head in thanks as my dad handed me a glass of orange juice. Dad only chuckled and ruffled my hair. I pouted and fixed my hair before continuing on with my food. When I was done eating, I rubbed my belly, and a monstrous burp slipped passed my lips before I could stop it.

"Oops."

Dad and Andrea just stared at me before dad erupted in a fit of laughter. I smiled big at my dad and watched as he pounded his chest one good time and let out a belch. Dad and I giggled as Andrea looked on at us in horror.

"You guys are disgusting."

Dad and I glanced at each other before shrugging. We didn't care. Andrea took a big gulp of her orange juice before she let out a burp of her own. Dad and I burst into laughter as Andrea tried to hide her embarrassment. Andrea sucked her teeth.

"You guys are so childish."

"I didn't know the dainty 'princess' could let something like that out!" I roared in between laughter.

Dad nodded. "Andy I'm pretty sure your burp was worse than ours."

Andrea huffed and stalked upstairs. This was starting off to be a good day.