Chapter 16

Adriana

I was shocked when Sarah and the boys started knocking on my door.

"Didn't you guys have plans?"

Logan nodded, "Yeah, but you didn't think we were going to let you get ready by yourself, did you?"

I chuckled as Sarah pushed past me, and the others followed.

"He's right. You're our best friend and this is a big deal for you. We had to be here." she said.

We went upstairs to my room, and Sarah got to work on curling my hair as the boys fought over what accessories I should wear. Sarah sighed.

"Will you idiots shut up! She hasn't even picked out what dress she's going to wear!"

Tristan turned to us then looked at the dresses.

"Well, she's going to wear this one," Tristan said, holding up the draped tube dress.

"Are you guys sure I can pull that off?" I asked nervously.

I've never worn anything like that before. What if it looks like I'm trying too hard? Conner rolled his eyes.

"Adri! You. Are Smoking. Hot. Gorgeous. And Beautiful! You can pull off whatever look you want to."

"Idiot finally said something right," Sarah muttered under her breath before going back to my hair.

Conner narrowed his eyes at her. "If you weren't holding that death contraption to her head, I would so throw something at you."

I giggled when Sarah stuck her tongue out at him.

"I'm done!" Sarah exclaimed, twenty minutes later.

"What color jewelry did you guys pick for her to wear?"

"Silver," Logan responded, handing them to her.

Sarah nodded, "Good. Now get out."

"Rude bitch," Conner mumbled as he and the boys left my room.

I chuckled. "You could've been nicer."

"What? They weren't doing anything but taking up space." Sarah shrugged.

"Now go change!" she said, shooing me away.

I giggled and changed into my dress. Sarah patted the seat and told me to sit down so she could do my makeup.

"You already look gorgeous, so we're just going to go for a natural look."

I nodded my head, "Sounds good."

I sat back and let Sarah work her magic.

"And..... I'm done!"

I looked in the mirror and smiled. I looked pretty.

"Thank you so much, Sarah."

Sarah put her arms around me and squeezed tight.

"Your welcome. You look so pretty!"

Sarah squealed. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the staircase.

"We have to show the boys!"

I giggled at her excitement.

"Shall we?" Sarah asked with her hand at her hip.

I laughed and loped my arm through hers as she escorted me down. All eyes were on me when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"You look beautiful."

"Omg, you're so hot!"

"Can I be your date?"

The boys all spoke at once. I giggled and beamed at them.

"Just confirming, I look okay?"

Logan came and grabbed my hand, twirling me around.

"You look stunning."

"Thanks, guys."

"Do you want us to wait with you?"

"No! You guys go on ahead." I said, shooing them away.

"Are you sure? We don't mind waiting, you know?" Sarah asked

"Go! Kyle will pick me up."

"Oooh, so that's why you don't want us to stay. Think we'll cramp your style in front of loverboy?" Kyle asks.

I roll my eyes, " Will you guys just go!"

"Alright, alright. See you later. Take lots of pictures!"

"I will!′

I sighed when they left. I honestly wish they were coming with me. I felt like a bundle of nerves. I looked at the time it was 7:25. Kyle said he would pick me up at 7:30. I sighed and sat down carefully on the couch. Andrea's date picked her up early. I wonder if her date is the reason she's been freakishly nice to me. I clenched my jaw. It was now 7:50 and he still wasn't here. I shot him a quick text asking where he was so I could decide if I should leave without him or not.

Adriana: Where are you?

Kyle: Already here. Something came up.

My hands balled into fists. Are you freaking kidding me?! That was all the explanation I was going to get? Why didn't he just tell me sooner? I took a deep breath and relaxed my shoulders. I'm sure he had his reasons. This was out of character for Kyle. I grabbed my handbag and made my way to my car. Hopefully, he would explain everything once I got there.