Chapter 42

I groaned when my phone went off. I swiped my hand over my face before answering.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, princess."

"Daddy! Morning."

"How are you doing, Peanut?"

"Good. I miss you, though."

Dad chuckled. "That's actually what I was calling you about. I missed you too, Peanut. They're sending me to Germany next. I was wondering if you and Kellan would like to come."

"Yes! I mean, I'll ask Kellan, but I don't think he'll say no." I laughed.

"Okay baby, you guys should have the tickets by Thursday."

"I can't wait!"

"I'm glad. I think you'll love the house there. We can talk about it later. I know you have to get ready for school."

I groaned, and he chuckled.

"None of that. You'll be here before you know it. I hope you have a good day at school, peanut."

"I will. Thank you, daddy."

Monday came entirely too soon for me. I wasn't exactly stoked to be going back to school. I honestly just wanted to hibernate for a week or two. By the time lunch had rolled around, I was out of fuel and starting to shut down. Keeping my eyes open was way harder than it probably should have been.

Kellan sat beside me and kissed my forehead.

"You have to get some sleep, babe."

"I know. I don't know why I'm so tired." I yawned.

Kellan glared at me as his yawn of his own slipped out.

"I'm going out with the boys later, but I'll call you when I get home."

"Huh? That means you won't be going to the party!" I pouted.

Kellan chuckled before nipping at my bottom lip.

"I can't believe you're even going. You can barely keep your eyes open."

"Dante had to work, so I promised Sarah that I would be her hot date."

Kellan chuckled. "Okay, just don't run yourself ragged."

I nodded. "I won't I'll have some time to recharge before I go to the party."

When school ended, I couldn't get out of the building fast enough. I just wanted to give my bed some lovin'. When I got home, I flopped onto the couch and debated how I wanted to get ready for tonight. I decided that I wanted to make things easier for myself and picked my outfit out before I knocked out. I took a shower and grabbed a black dress and a simple pair of black heels. Once I laid everything out, I set the alarm and collapsed onto the bed. I was gone as soon as my head hit the pillow.

When I woke up, I instantly felt refreshed. Getting ready was a cinch and actually a lot of fun. Now I just had to go pick Sarah up. I called her to let her know that I was on my way.

"Hey, sexy. Where's my hot date at?" Sarah answered.

"I was just calling you to tell you that I was on my way."

"Sweet, I'll be ready by the time you get here."

When I got to Sarah's house, I honked twice before she came running out of the house.

"Hey love, how are you?" Sarah asked.

"I'm good, and you?"

"Better now," Sarah said with a megawatt grin.

"Ready to party?"

"Hell yeah!"

When we got to the party, my jaw dropped.

"There's no way Kendall's family is okay with us having the party here."

Sarah nodded. "I didn't even know that Kendall was loaded like that."

"How about we go make an entrance?"

Sarah smiled and got out of the car.

When I came around the car, Sarah whistled at me.

"Fuck! I know I asked for a hot date, but damn!"

I laughed. "I take it you like the look."

"Like it? I love it. No one is going to be able to take their eyes off of you."

I chuckled and looped my arms around her.

When we got to the front of the house, Sarah rang the doorbell. Not even a second later, Kendall answered the door.

"Woah! You guys look amazing!"

"Haha, not too shabby yourself, Ken."

Ken stepped to the side, "Come on in. Drinks are in the kitchen. Every door that is unlocked is there for your use."

"Thanks, Ken. We appreciate it."

"No problem."

Sarah and I start to walk away before Kendall grabs my arm gently.

"I would stay far, far away from the punch bowl. I have no idea what's even in there anymore."

"Thanks for the heads up."

"Don't worry about it. Gotta look out for my girls." Kendall winked.

"Plus, Kell would kill me if I let anything happen to you."

I chuckled and patted him on the shoulder before following Sarah into the kitchen.,

"What do you want to drink?"

"I don't know. Pick for me."

"Hmm... you want some Svedka?"

"Yes, please."

Sarah poured me a cup of Svedka before pouring herself a cup of Ciroc. Sarah and I took our drinks and moved toward the dance floor. I let the alcohol settle in and completely let myself go. The only thing that was missing right now was Kellan. When I looked up, I saw Dante coming up behind Sarah, and I smiled. She startled slightly when he put his arms around her waist but settled into him when he whispered into her ear. I chuckled. I somehow got dragged into a game of never have I ever, which was a massive mistake on my part. I ended up throwing drinks back left and right and was starting to get some questioning glances. I only smiled and shrugged. Kellan and I liked to have fun. I finally pulled myself from the game and went to the kitchen in search of some water.