Chapter 18

Adriana

I walked into the gym and gasped. It was all so pretty!" The gym had been completely rearranged. I instantly found Kyle in a group of his friends and frowned. If he had time to talk to his friends, then he sure as hell had time to pick me up.

"I've got the prettiest girl ever!" Kyle boasted

I smiled so hard I thought my face would split in half. I almost forgot I was even upset.

"Just wait until you see her!"

What was I mad about again? Kyle cocked his head to the side.

"There she is!" Kyle held out his hand, and I waited for him to turn around for me. I halted when I saw him pull another girl to his side.

My heart broke when I saw that it was my sister. Was everything a lie? I thought Kyle and I were doing well. I thought he liked me. I thought things were finally starting to look up. Hot tears fell down my face as I ran out of the gym. I cursed softly as I ran into someone.

"Adri?"

I quickly stood back and wiped my face. It was Kellan and his friends. The shirt of his tux had a few buttons undone, and his tie hung loosely around his neck.

"What's wrong?"

The tears fell harder as I recalled what I saw. Was I just some joke to Kyle?

Kellan turned to his friends, "Why don't you guys go on ahead."

Kellan grabbed my hand and led me to a bench. I sat down carefully. It sucked that I didn't get to show it off, but I wasn't going to mess up this dress.

"Tell me what's wrong. You look beautiful, so why are you out here crying?"

I let out a garbled laugh.

"I guess it's a good thing it's waterproof, huh?" I said gesturing to my makeup.

Kellan glared at me. "Why aren't you in there dancing with my brother?"

I shrugged miserably.

"I guess I wasn't the one Kyle wanted."

"I'm confused. What are you talking about?"

"I wasn't the right twin."

"Why would you think that? My brother was raving and boasting about how he was taking you to homecoming."

I laughed humorlessly and nodded

"Yeah, I heard him boasting, but it wasn't me who was at his side, it was my sister.

Anger flicked across his face until he became expressionless. Kellan grabbed my hand and began dragging me back toward the gym.

"No! Kellan, I don't want to go back in there!" I tried to yank back, but his grip on me was fierce as he brought us in front of Kyle.

"Woah, who pissed in your cup?" Kyle asked with a chuckle

"Who does this look like to you?"

Kyle looked over me with confusion.

"Andrea, who else?"

"You're such a fucking idiot. Like I would even go near Andrea, much less touch her." Kellan snarled.

Andrea glared at Kellan openly. Everyone was starting to stare at me, and my insecurities were beginning to surface. I yanked on Kellan's sleeve and hid behind his arm. I thought I was used to it by now, but their scrutiny was too much to handle. Kellan's expression softened, and he wrapped his arm around me.

Kyle's eyes widened. "You only act like that towards Adriana."

Kyle shook his head in disbelief. "Adriana wouldn't wear that! She doesn't have the confidence for it!"

"Fuck you!" I said hurt and anger laced with my words.

I know Kyle realized it then, but he continued to shake his head.

"That... That would mean that I was with Andrea."

He turned to her swiftly, and she smirked

"How long have you been doing this."

"Since the day of the pep rally when 'Adriana' confessed."

"Why would you do something like that? Why would you do that to your sister?!" Kyle demanded

"Don't do that. Don't put all the blame on this bitch. It's just as much your fault as it is hers. How could you have not noticed?" Kellan grated out.

"I thought I could! They have the same freaking face! I mean honestly, what's the difference?!"

My heart shattered. The boy I loved didn't care which twin he had.

"Oh God. Adriana, that came out wrong. I- "

Kellan punched him before he could even finish.

"Come on," Kellan said, dragging me out and into his car. He seemed to be doing a lot of that lately.

"Do you want to go home?" I nodded my head and looked out the window.

The ride home was silent. Not that I would provide much of a conversation. I felt utterly numb. I felt my eyes droop, and soon I was escaping reality.

》》Vote. Comment. Enjoy. 《《